User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My moss collection and some helis.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh that is some dang fine moss there, man! Cute little helis too

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that is really interesting variation!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sphagnum moss in the first picture, from Meadowview looks identical to some that I have which I believe originates locally to me. The first H. heterodoxa x ionasii is elongated and had small nectar spoons, this is typical of lack of light. I grow mine on a kitchen windowsill and in the shorter winter days the pitchers look like yours. In the summer new pitchers form a more bulbous shape with a pronounced nectar spoon.

This is perhaps a good comparison. This picture was taken in May 2010 and you can see that the new forming pitcher is different from the remaining, which were developed in the winter (except the broken on which was from the previous summer)

This is a nectar spoon from the same plant in June 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, good to know. Thanks!

Looks like I need to up the priority on my heli lighting then. I will see what I can do to get them closer to the existing lights in the mean time. It has been tough to this point since they had flower stalks.

I wasn't planning on getting more heli's at the time. Someone was moving out of the country and put these two up for sale. I didn't want to see them go to the trash pile so I bought them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice helis. What's your temperature range (night temp and day temp.)?
    My Grow-List and Want-List
    If you know other unique plants that can walk, can talk, can sing, or can eat people, please tell me and I definitely want to get one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That moss looks very nice. I just ordered a gallon bag of the stuff from eBay (from the only seller that seems to grow his moss in a greenhouse vs. collecting it from their own property). Unfortunately shipping is on hold because of the recent snow storm. Can't wait to get it... I do believe I'll be hitting you up for some tips when I do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice helis. What's your temperature range (night temp and day temp.)?
    If you are asking me... Day 75-78 Night 50-65. My night time temps vary because I use the cracked window method. It gets to the 50 mark right now.

That moss looks very nice. I just ordered a gallon bag of the stuff from eBay (from the only seller that seems to grow his moss in a greenhouse vs. collecting it from their own property). Unfortunately shipping is on hold because of the recent snow storm. Can't wait to get it... I do believe I'll be hitting you up for some tips when I do
    There are some good threads on this forum for how to grow it. Avi8tor has a good one. I grow my helis in higher humidity so it is pretty easy and I don't do anything special for the sphagnum. The sphagnum in my nep pots is a little more of a challange. I typically leave an inch or two of space in my pots to create a mini environment for the spaghnum and mist it daily to maintain moisture. Given the right conditions, the sphagnum will grow to the rim of the pot. In my growing space, it doesn't grow above the pot line.

See below...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heterodexa is really cute!
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast