What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have "Buds" yet?

• Thread starter Fred P
  • Start date
Just dividing some sarrs today and noticed a few buds. It's pretty early but I had a few like this last year as well.

1003866800x601.jpg

I wouldn't know, can't see that far down beneath the snow... :censor:

I guess CA has it's advantages...still waiting to see some disadvantages :D

I have a bunch. But my circumstances are different from everyone.. The whole range. almost ready to bloom to just starting to peek out.
DSC_00010001_10.jpg

DSC_00040004.jpg

DSC_00030003.jpg

DSC_00020002_2.jpg

most happy to see buds on a S. flava i planted in 2008
DSC_00050005.jpg

Last edited:
Still a good three months to go until I will see flower buds..maybe four.
winter isnt even half over yet. :(
(January 15th is the mid-way point of winter)

Scot

Geez we're like -20*F wind chill today.... In west central MN We put our plants outside safely about May 10th! LOL

Never had a Sarracenia bud before. I'm with scotty, there's no chance of any buds this time of year for me. XD

Yep, I'm another Southern Californian with buds. I haven't looked real close, but I have two plants with buds for sure so far. Maybe the frigid November (down to 37 degrees--brrrrrrrr) convinced the plants warmer weather and spring is here?

Hey!

Seems "This Buds for you"!
:beer:

I haven't even cut the growth from last year! :) Lucky you.

I only have buds on 2 pots. One pot full of oreophila(around 3 budding), the other full of flava(around 4 budding). I dont get it, I have other oreophilas and flavas older than the ones in these pots, and those are not budding yet. Same conditions too. Weird. Average temp so far has been 58F in the day and 42F at night.

I am in central Texas so usually about half a month behind S. CA. growers. So far I do not have buds, but last year started seeing them right around the 20th of January. Shouldn't be long!

I don't have anything visible yet. It's still too cold here.

I've already made a list of things to divide, repot, and provide pot up-sizing though. Seems like I will be gifting an oreo this year.

Nice to see you on the forums, Doku! :awesome:

Yeah, not that I have any Sarracenia to bud, but we got a foot of snow today with some more coming tomorrow...

xvart.

We actually had a light frost this morning. I had to scrape my windshield with my fingernails since I don't own a scraper. The highs/lows for the next 7 days are supposed to be 65/41. Should start seeing more buds in the next week or two.

I need to check... typically my bigger plants start hinting at flowers by now. But then the late frosts always come and make my early buds stunted and deformed. :/
~Joe

We actually had a light frost this morning. I had to scrape my windshield with my fingernails since I don't own a scraper. The highs/lows for the next 7 days are supposed to be 65/41. Should start seeing more buds in the next week or two.[/QUOTE

Oh please. Mine are frozen as we speak except for the overflow in my garage. I'm working on more room for everything currently. Post as they progress. Its about time someone talks about Sarrs in 2011. Good growing Fred. Your plants look great.

Well I saw my first two buds today! The first one to show was my Sarracenia 'Adrian Slack' and the second Sarracenia flava var. rubricorpora. I was surprised the Slack was the first out... usually it is either my oreophila or standard flava var. flava.

Tarnok showed budding here even late last month, though they aren't developing quickly. Faster along are a couple flavas (ornata and maxima) and the hybrid W.C. If you stare into the crowns of the plants long enough you can see the little round bud heads emerging from 2-4 others. This season November has been the coldest month so far, and now we've had some days in the 70s and even low 80s (this is January?). So I can see that the plants are thinking spring is almost here...

I haven't even cut the growth from last year! :)

How did you know? :lol: Neither have I.

I've still got a solid 2 weeks until my cobras are awake... we just finished up a warm spell this week.

Well, despite getting down into the teens for the next several days, I now have 3 buds;

1 S. 'Adrian Slack'
1 S. leucophylla Baldwin Co, AL
1 S. flava var. rubricorpora

Poor plants won't know what to do. We've been in the mid 70s for the last week, and now we are really, really cold for a solid week.

Back