What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My H. Neblinae

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hi everyone,

I recieved this beautiful specimen last year. It has proved to be another 'old reliable' so far. I've heard it is the easiest species to grow! Well it sure has lived up to its reputation, and has given two beautiful mature pitchers.

I recieved it as an immature plant. I am really enjpying Heliamphora, a truely majestic genus. The Moss is looking a bit dead as I sprayed everything with neem oil, who knew it killed live sphagnum...

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

Lookin good! I am getting rather attached to my Heliamphora too.

Ooooh nice :drool:

Ohmy! So pretty! I'd love to get an H. neblinae sometime when I can afford to.
Question: Do they just pop out a mature pitcher one day, or is there any way to anticipate it? I have an immature H. heterodoxa.

Ohmy! So pretty! I'd love to get an H. neblinae sometime when I can afford to.
Question: Do they just pop out a mature pitcher one day, or is there any way to anticipate it? I have an immature H. heterodoxa.

Thanks for the compliment. As far as I know, there is no way of accurately anticipating when it is going to make mature pitchers. I mean you can have a general idea, say if a species take 3 years to mature, so you will know that after 3 years you must be close.

You'll just have to wait and see the shape of a mature pitcher popping up, truly magical!

Yes one day maybe this Summer i will try heliamphora any kind of heliamphora i already have a cephalotus and it is WAY EASIER than people say it is so i bet it is the same way with heliamphora so i am getting one this Summer. Anyway Gorgeous plant!

Back