6 months ago I transplanted my cephalotus(es?) into bigger pots as their pots weren't deep enough (4") and their roots were starting to come out the bottom. Well one of them didn't take kindly to the transplant and appeared to be dead within a couple weeks. The others did fine, one in fact had a growth spurt. But this particular plant shriveled up and looked completely dead. I've had luck with nepenthes looking bad and then coming out in the end, so I didn't give up hope. I cut it to the soil line and just kept taking care of as usual.
Well, it worked! After almost 5 months of no sign of life, it just recently started putting out new growth, and it looks promising! Several new growth points are showing up now. Cephalotus really are tough little buggers.
Exact plant not long before the transplant: