User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling All Cephalotus Experts!! PLEASE HELP!!

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would follow Jim's advice and take some leaf cuttings as a backup. Any chemicals sprayed in the room recently? May be best to see if any new growth happens rather than doing something drastic. There are those on here though that are far more exprienced than I am, so hopefully they continue to chime in here.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input guys. The conditions I grow it in are generally cool. I live in a fog belt part of SF so days don't normally get too hot. I might take some of the winter leaves and put them in LFS soon if the plant continues to look bad. Do you think taking them off might set the plant back even more? It may not be able to photosynthesize as well then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icemansyr View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys. The conditions I grow it in are generally cool. I live in a fog belt part of SF so days don't normally get too hot. I might take some of the winter leaves and put them in LFS soon if the plant continues to look bad. Do you think taking them off might set the plant back even more? It may not be able to photosynthesize as well then.
    Good point..I would probably take 4 or 5 leaf pullings and leave the rest on the plant.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to hijack the post, but does anyone know what it means when new leaves and pitchers yellow quickly? Older established leaves and pitchers are fine. New ones tend to yellow.

Overwatering?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have both small and large pitchers yellowing on my plant. When I got home today my plant looked even worse and the weather today was warmer. I wonder if there is a connection. I've moved it to a cooler spot with less light to see what happens. I've noticed some of the leaves are now wilting and I'm seeing more browning on the plant. I'm going to try and salvage some of the leaves to try and start some new plants. Do you guys recommend dipping the ends in Rootone?

I've also noticed some of the growth points on the plant have browned up while others are still looking ok. Since the roots on the plant are so fussy about transplanting I guess it's best to just leave it be?

I'm beginning to think more and more that my plant has Pythium. Has anyone treated Pythium successfully with Physan 20?? I have some and I'm wondering if it would do any good.

If this plant croaks it would TOTALLY suck. Meh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have both small and large pitchers yellowing on my plant. When I got home today my plant looked even worse and the weather today was warmer. I wonder if there is a connection. I've moved it to a cooler spot with less light to see what happens. I've noticed some of the leaves are now wilting and I'm seeing more browning on the plant. I'm going to try and salvage some of the leaves to try and start some new plants. Do you guys recommend dipping the ends in Rootone?

I've also noticed some of the growth points on the plant have browned up while others are still looking ok. Since the roots on the plant are so fussy about transplanting I guess it's best to just leave it be?

Has anyone treated Pythium successfully with Physan 20?? I have some and I'm wondering if it would do any good.

If this plant croaks it would TOTALLY suck. Meh.
    No rootone...I find that it works poorly with CPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. Was it a certain type of CP that the Rootone didn't work well on? I took a bunch of Nepenthes cuttings months ago and had pretty good success with the Rootone. Hmmm. Maybe Ceph leaf cuttings are more finicky?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. Was it a certain type of CP that the Rootone didn't work well on? I took a bunch of Nepenthes cuttings months ago and had pretty good success with the Rootone. Hmmm. Maybe Ceph leaf cuttings are more finicky?
    Actually..I had problems with nepenthes cuttings and rootone powder.....it lowered my success rate by half.

If you had success though, you could try it, although I have heard that as long as you get enough of the whitish leafbase in the leaf pullings you should have good success without it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast