What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Royal Ruby' x 'Judith Hindle'

here's the first pitcher of this plant, purchased from flytrapshop approx. a month ago:

5642986265_ec09d638f5.jpg

5642985961_ab1410ed63.jpg

5643553176_d53eae6b5e.jpg

Looks great! I think there is lots of variation in this hybrid. I grow it too and mine has much more Judith Hindle present than yours.

Looks great! I almost got this one. Wish I would have now. :)

Very nice coloration on that one!

I purchased a S. michelliana x 'Royal Ruby' from FlytrapShop and iit's working on its first pitcher.

Beautiful plant! But, I'm sorry man, I messed up apparently. That is not S. 'Royal Ruby' x 'Judith Hindle' (which I only sell one clone of). If it were, it would be very red, with speckles in the lid like this

S_+royal+ruby+x+judith+hindle+_2_.JPG
his

S_+royal+ruby+x+judith+hindle+_3_.JPG

I know I have a few that have a similar look so once the pitchers grow I can see which is around there that I could have mixed up. If you don't like it- I will compensate you for exchange and send you the plant you ordered.
:sorry:

Andrew

You're right Andrew, it still is a very nice plant!

Beautiful plant! But, I'm sorry man, I messed up apparently. That is not S. 'Royal Ruby' x 'Judith Hindle' (which I only sell one clone of). If it were, it would be very red, with speckles in the lid like this

I know I have a few that have a similar look so once the pitchers grow I can see which is around there that I could have mixed up. If you don't like it- I will compensate you for exchange and send you the plant you ordered.
:sorry:

Andrew

Andrew,
If it isn't, no problem. I still like it! However, the greenhouse it is in actually does not get much sun at all this time of year, so I'll wait and see how it looks once I move it onto my back deck and gets sun all day. I can see the potential for it to look like the pics you posted, so at this point, I still think it's the same plant.

Alright, so I'm going to back track here... That plant you posted looks so much like another plant- that I didn't even remember it's what this plant looks like in the start. :-)) So... You have the correct plant, I'm sorry about calling myself out incorrectly. Here is one of my other plants of this clone right now.
Andrew

Here's an updated shot, same pitcher.
5731293048_d60f305d83.jpg

Very nice! I think I might try that cross next spring :)

Back