Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all.

@joossa Mine last a week or two I think. What I have to watch out for are winds. With all of the fronts coming through this time of year we can see some pretty turbulent weather.

I have lost one flower already due to high winds. It was a S. flava that I self pollenated so I wasn't too upset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Got a few more beauties opening up...

The one and only (that I am aware of) utric in my collection. Possibly U. subulata as suggested by fellow TF members. This is the only fully developed flower I have ever seen in my pots. Most are undeveloped. There is a term for it, but I can't remember what it is.

Next if one of my favorite sarracenia. It's not of flowering size yet, but I can tell it is going to be a beauty.
    S. flava var atropurpurea

Lastly, another great sarracenia. It reminds me of a frilled lizard for some reason.
    S. 'Craig Rudman' I think Craig Rudman is a S. xCatesbaei backcross, which if my memory serves from college genetics that means it is S. (flava x purpurea) x (flava x purpurea) or maybe S. flava x (flava x purpurea)??. Interesting looking regardless. It has hints of both rugelli and rubricorpora IMO. Perhaps those were the flava parents? I think the exact cross is secret.

Last edited by dashman; 05-26-2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: changed s. atropurpurea to S. flava var atropurpurea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Pirahna

Two more beauties in full swing now.
    S. flava var rubricorpora (Larger) and S. flava var rubricorpora Liberty Co., FL (smaller)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12