What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora minor

dionae

sarracenia lover
Hello everyone:)! This is my first Heliamphora. I'd been a lil apprehensive about getting one because i'd read they were difficult plants to keep. I've had her for around a week and she already has 2 new pitchers growing. I hope I can keep her alive until shes big and beautiful as the plants i've seen around the forum.

dscf1196w.jpg

dscf1194p.jpg

dscf1190z.jpg

dscf1191.jpg

you're off to a great start. the nectar spoons will become bigger and more developed over time.

Thank you amphirion:). If I can keep her alive I plan on adding a H nutans to my collection also.

I have a Heliamphora Minor growing in extreme conditions and mine are producing nectar spoons (they apparently don't produce nectar spoons if the conditions aren't correct)

I think they have a bad reputation of being difficult to grow but it depends on your growing conditions. If you have the correct conditions, they are an unkillable beast.

If you keep the temps cool, the light bright, and a air humid, it should do well. H.minor is prolly the easiest heli there is.

Thanks wolfn and exo. I did read minor was the easiest and thats why I tried her first.

H.minor is prolly the easiest heli there is.
Some find hybrids to be even more forgiving of less-than-ideal conditions & H. pulchella seems to grow even faster than H. minor in my conditions ...

Last edited:
Some find hybrids to be even more forgiving of less-than-ideal conditions ...

Well..the only hybrid I have is heterodoxa x minor..and it does seem like a faster grower than pure minor, but not necessarily easier.

H. Tequila is another very easy and vigorous plant to grow... And very beautiful to boot...

I have a Heliamphora Minor growing in extreme conditions and mine are producing nectar spoons (they apparently don't produce nectar spoons if the conditions aren't correct)

I think they have a bad reputation of being difficult to grow but it depends on your growing conditions. If you have the correct conditions, they are an unkillable beast.

That's what i think. I think they are the easiest carnivorous plant genus to grow. I grow mine outside with VERY low humidity. So to me humidity doesn't matter.

Back