Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeremiah's New Heli Grow Chamber

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use ampacbiotech.com's flowable product once a month @ 1tsp per gallon. It is applied as a drench really.... I fill up a garden sprayer and spray until it drains out the bottom
    ( I think Kelly@Ampac just went on Vacation, so you may not get any response to your inquiry for a week or so) But I think she will have the calls fwd to her cell.

Dont apply it the same week you root fertilize, trich has been shown to be less aggressive in a nutrient rich enviroment. I like to trich on the 1st of the month and feed on the 15th

I fert the pitchers with fish pellets, specifically Hikari brand Chichlid pellets in the green bag. I apply the root fert with a garden sprayer at 1/4 tsp per gallon (Maxsea brand)

For young, immature pitchers I mix up a slurry of flaked fish food and water and use an eye dropper held against the mouth of the pitcher. Cram it down their throat so to speak. This may eventually kill the pitcher you feed but the resultant growth is well worth it.

With the increases in light and the trich, their ability to utilize the feedings will increase proportionally

Butch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, thanks for the link! What brand of root fertilizer do you use on the 15th of each month?

Thanks,

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Maxsea 16-16-16, before getting it I used a commonly available non urea Orchid fert (Better-Gro Orchid Fert 20-14-13)

To be honest I cant tell a difference, but the Maxsea should be better

Oh and Kelly is a Cp'er and a TF member, she does special packaging sizing for us.... but you need to speak with her when you order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    you may have issues with a float valve, as soon as you let any additional pressure into the tank it may overfill the base.... you may have to make yourself a home made system with a RO system float valve (or toliet valve)
    Yeah I still not 100% sure how I'm going to manage hooking it up. Obviously if I just drill a hole in the reservoir all the water will just leak out. I'm sure I will figure something out but I'm open to suggestions.

-Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a quick video...

[youtube]NMPqvzeh3B8[/youtube]

If someone knows how to embed a youtube video let me know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMPqvzeh3B8

Last edited by Jeremiah Harris; 05-20-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have a thing for embed... you just have to click around a little harder in the links section for something like 'show more' and then there should be a button for embed. (I say 'should' cuz sometimes things show up different on my mac than most people's windows machines)

..edit:

Wow, nice misty grow chamber!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops nevermind Zu beat me to it...

windows 7 based steps:
    Click on "share"
    Click on "embed"
    copy code and paste into thread post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you might be able to find a giant plastic container at the container store? they say they have everything lol

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

when i do this if i decide to go this rout im gonna be lazy and make the bf set it up haha let him have the fun instead of me lol, as long as i get to do the lighting everything will be fine oh and setting up the racks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast