Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cephalotus follicularis..with a bunch of buddies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    thanks! Sorry to hear about ur loss. As I said, its sadly hard to find much info about these orchids. Sometimes u just need to jump in and try. I guess you atleast know what not to do next time.

Nope...haven't tried any telipogons yet. I think I am infatuated with the lepanthes genus for now.

thanks man. There's a lot of other nice ones out here on TF.

Cute little guy. Good job with the potting. Looks great. The extra humidity is essential while cephs are settling in. Just make sure it doesn't get too hot and ensure that there is adequate air movement.
    Hi,

It gets up to 80-100F during the day, and nights of about 65F, i am constantly misting the ceph everyday and it appears to like it(there are also ceph seeds in there i'm waiting to sprout, which are touching the peat, so i have to constantly be misting), my greenhouse is build in a deck, so there's always air coming in from below, being a really aery mix the ceph can't complain about air movement, additionaly the pot is sitting in a tray full of LFSM, and just yesterday i fillled the whole tray with water, that pot is like some 10-inch tall, the ceph gets all the sunlight from morning filter by the plastiic of the greenhouse, and the hot afternoon sun is filter by the trees and the plastic of the greenhouse, any suggestions? for the most part i think is growing excellent, but i might be wrong. Here's a pic of it, when i transplanted the ceph, i took the soil with it, once in my hands i started taking as much soil as i can, but at the same time leaving enough to prevent shock, which anyway it had shock, here it is(pic taken yesterday):

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking baby ceph. The leaves look healthy. I would be careful about misting though. Cephs IMO don't like misting too much unless it dries out relatively quickly. Also, I would cut away dead foliage as it tends to be where fungus grows. As the plant becomes bigger, it becomes really hard to cut away old foliage and in that case, you just let it go as long as it keeps growing well. And finally when the day comes to repot, thats when you cut off the old growth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking Cephalotus Varun. I particularly like the first picture, as it looks very naturalistic. Out of interest, how old are these Cephalotus?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mobile. Hmm...lets see...I got these plants as a pitcher/root cutting around 4y ago. It was from a mature plant. Since then, I have cut off all the foliage once and let it come back from the roots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your cephs look fantastic. I really like your companion plants also, helps give a more natural feel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot nightsky. Glad to get soo much feedback.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123