I have permission from both adnerdarn and mass, yay!
Post your best Sarracenia photos and have a friendly competition with other members to see who has the best photo/plant! The winner receives bragging rights and overall feeling of awesomeness.
Rules of Entry:
0. I love you!
1. Only ONE (1) PLANT, as in ONE (1) RHIZOME (various growth points are okay) per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
4. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 06/30/11
5. Sequential pictures showing development of the plant are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
6. If, for some reason, a single plant cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular plant entered must be clearly identified in your post. If possible, closeups of pitchers of the specified plant are welcome.
7. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo.
8. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as CST.
9. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 07/01/11, closing 07/08/11. The THREE (3) most popular entries will be considered "Winners" and the first place winner will be posted in some thread or other soon. :P
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!
Yeah, excuse the copy-pasta from the Nepenthes POTM, but the rules were mostly the same with some minor changes, so an entire re-write would be unnecessary. The reason of being able to enter the entire plant is for the reason that [most] Sarracenia grow their pitchers in a tight form and all the pitchers are mostly identical copies of each other, excluding a single pitcher would be a big trouble most of the time. So, enjoy!
Contest will be closed on June 30th at 12:00am CST.