What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus of the Month: June 2011

Denis Hastings sells a plant that he calls by that name. I'm not sure if he's on this forum, but maybe BigBella would know if that's the same plant (he has a pile of different cephs..).

It might have been just a typo. Definitely not a registered cultivar at the moment.

Denis Hastings sells a plant that he calls by that name. I'm not sure if he's on this forum, but maybe BigBella would know if that's the same plant (he has a pile of different cephs..).

Dennis actually just sells Cephalotus "Vigorous", which isn't the same. His is just noted to be a fast grower.

It might have been just a typo. Definitely not a registered cultivar at the moment.

Is that now a registered cultivar?

Everything on CPPHOTOFINDER is in double quotations.. :scratch:

Last edited:
The ICPS is the ICRA (International Cultivar Registration Authority) for Carnivorous Plants. If a name hasn't been registered and accepted by the ICRA then it is not an official cultivar.

The only registered Cephalotus cultivars (pending publication) are Cephalotus 'Eden Black' and Cephalotus 'Hummer's Giant'

http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cultivars/names.php?name=Cephalotus

Always check the ICPS website to see what is registered or not.

I knew I should've kept my nooby mouth shut on this one.

Cephalotus "Big Boy"

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

that's a BIG "Big Boy"! Mine is still teeny tiny.

COTM July 2011 edition has ended. Thank you to all who participated.. please remember to vote. And keep an eye out for our next edition starting in October 2011.

CreatureTom: You didn't label your entry bud, sorry.. but it could not be entered.

Last edited:
Back