What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Son of Heli divisions . . .

I was surprised that I missed this, and then I realized it was not in the trade forum, lol.
Very nice of you to do this. There have been some nice offerings in TF lately, and I think I am inspired to work on some future propagations to do the same. Helis don't grow as easy for everyone, but as Ron put in his Utric giveaway, it would be nice for somebody to "pay it forward" if they are able to multiply theirs.
So, not only did you help inspire me this week, you made me look up a Egyptian dynasty to fully get the anology, lol.

Cheers,

Joe

Please... pick me! I have never won a giveaway and it would be in good hands!

SWORDS
LUCANIDAE
ZLOOKUP
AWGAUPP
LIMESLIDE
NEP LOVER (there was an extra after all)

The Heliamphora "Tequila" was divided this morning, into more or less equal pieces (I did my best); some with roots; some with simply rhizomes. Most have new growth on the way. Those that do not -- don't worry. It is a vigorous plant and also easy on the eyes, once it grows out. Give it cool, highland Tbs, bright light ("think nova" which Butch recommends), and high humidity. Also, fill the pitchers with pure water when they arrive.

I have included a tiny zip-lock bag of Rootone, which I have used to far greater -- demonstrable -- success over the years than the often rot-inducing Clonex or other similar gels or dessert toppings. It is not a bag of Peruvian Marching Powder, nor anthrax -- regardless what I think of you people. Be careful with the stuff; handle with gloves; and for the love of all that's holy, don't snort it. Simply wet the business end of the division, dip it in the powder, and shake off the excess. Wrap moss around that point without removing the hormone, and pot it up in your favorite compost.

There were also a few fragments that I have potted up; should those take, they will go to the next two on the list

I wish good you all good luck with them; and pass on bits of them when you can manage it . . .

Last edited:
Thanks again, so much!
I have had a bit of success with Rootone, and I trust your experience :)

thanks so much again for this opportunity to grow this beautiful plant :D

Thank you very much. I look forward to the day I can pay it forward and divide this guy up for everyone to enjoy :)

Thanks so much! :) I would love to share in the future, I love making giveaways!

Thank you so much! I will definately do giveaways of this and other plants in the future.

Came today, looks great. Unfortunately, I left for NC today XD
My neighbor's taking care of it and sent me a picture, the way she's taking care of it looks good. I just am wondering how long I should bag it.

Received mine today! Thank you SO much! <3

Received yesterday. Looks great. Much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Back