Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Help needed

i have a few sarracenia that are ready to be repotted, but those sarracenia that had repotted previously seems to go dormancy(producing curve leaf) straight away after i repotted it,i place them at their normal growing site(with lots of sunlight and rain)then it start to rot(from base, as those leaf above it get wilted), those left still struggling,anyone has any solution?

the plant currently half year-1year old

Pic taken from a healthy 5cm pot sarracenia seedlings, thing get worst when they get repotted

when they are repotted to a bigger size pot, they start to form dormant leaft, notice the curve one

after a few months, things continue, they still forming curve leaf, but size is shrinking

aand it finally ended like that, anyone has any idea on how to save them? will it be possible to repot them without the need to give them dormancy, i living in Malaysia, and my place do not have winter or four seasons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...sarracienia need dormancy..no way around it.....
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive herd stories were people had cut the plants to soil level and left them in a fridge dor dormancy

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen Sarracenia react like that before but then I grow mine in a temperate climate.

What substrate/medium did you repot them into? You want them in a low nutrient, acidic medium such as fertilizer free sphagnum peat moss.

From threads in the past from tropical growers Sarracenia will start putting out strange pitchers if they haven't been given dormancy after a number of years.

See this recent thread Dormancy in the Tropics for some ideas on how to handle dormancy issues.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Dormancy required eventually.

I'm sure you could devise some way to trigger dormancy by moving to less light gradually and maybe throwing them in a fridge at night until they go dormant then use the fridge method to store them 6-8 weeks. Just throwing out suggestions.

What's the worst that can happen to them that hasn't already happened to them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dormancy for 3month, at vegetable storage in fridge, will it be possible for them?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the time period for the plants decline - the time from when it was repotted to when the leaves turned brown?
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allen,

I am going to yield to NaN on this one. I would take his advice over my own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast