User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: S. flava rubricorpora x purp venosa var. Montana seedlings (Ongoing Thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S. flava rubricorpora x purp venosa var. Montana seedlings (Ongoing Thread)

Thought I would start an “on going” thread of Brokken’s cross that he so graciously gave the seeds away to some of the TF members. I’m hoping those members that started them will post on going photos as they progress so we can all see how they turn out. Here are my 3˝ month old seedlings:

This is one plug of seedlings that I’m almost through separating. The shredded NZS makes them very easy to separate. The whole plug pretty much falls apart in water.

All separated. There ended up being 32 seedlings in this plug and I still have one more to do.

Shot of a single seedling

All 32 went from one plug into 9 plugs for the next few months or so.

To be continued.....

Mass….. Let's see'um

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are WAY behind yours. Here's quarter of the total crop.. Growing them in a few different areas of the GH. Trying to see what they like the best, and which grow fastest. These were in a 100% LFS tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a hell of a time with stratification this year, but the few seeds that survived did germinate and they are still tiny green sprouts >.>"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those look pretty happy Mass. Keep updating every few months or so.

Liz - What happened with the strat process? If you can, post some pics of the seedlings in a month or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't know what I did wrong this time. I used paper towels that were just barely damp- no water dripped from them. Used distilled water. Gave a light spray of Neem to the paper towel *and* seeds. Same thing I did last year.
    But this year, they had rampant mold issues. All of my seeds, not just the ones Brokken sent. And time wasn't an issue per-se, since it'd build up in less than a month.
    So to constantly remove moldy seeds and change out the paper towel through all Winter left me with only a handful by the time Spring rolled around. But despite that and being exposed to the elements, they germinated and seem to be doing great so far.
    I'll totally post a pic soon

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i<3carnivores View Post
    I really don't know what I did wrong this time. I used paper towels that were just barely damp- no water dripped from them. Used distilled water. Gave a light spray of Neem to the paper towel *and* seeds. Same thing I did last year.
    But this year, they had rampant mold issues. All of my seeds, not just the ones Brokken sent. And time wasn't an issue per-se, since it'd build up in less than a month.
    So to constantly remove moldy seeds and change out the paper towel through all Winter left me with only a handful by the time Spring rolled around. But despite that and being exposed to the elements, they germinated and seem to be doing great so far.
    I'll totally post a pic soon
    How long did the seed stay in stratification in the paper towels? I leave mine in strat for 4.5 to 6 weeks and then get them out and use lights if possible (T5s) or shop lights (cheaper) inside until spring for higher germination output. Or leave them out in winter with designed rain/wind protection for stratification and then natural germination in spring.
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    — Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were in dry storage from when I got them through...uhm. October, I think. And stratified until...March, I think.
    I should really keep track of dates of stuff

But I did that the year before with seeds and there was never a problem and they were fine and so I just repeated the process.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took mine out of the mailbox and put them directly into the butter drawer, envelope and all. Left them there for 2 months, then sowed. I haven't seen a single non-germinated seed in the bunch.
    I'll try to remember to get a pic of all of the other clumps tomorrow.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast