Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cephalotus problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your input

@rball: i have been trying to water it once a week, but I got a little lax; classes were eating up my time last week.

I would water it from the bottom, but I began deciding if it needed watering from how much water the LFS was holding on the top layer. When I picked up the pot though, it was light. Theory: If the LFS retained moister longer than the peat perlite mix, it could have not been watered enough.

Theory 2 @bella: I have cut the dead leaf off because of the possibility of fungal infection. This pitcher that rested on the LFS constantly died first and it could have began to rot and grow fungus. ( I will post pictures of the dead pitcher later, I am working 34 hours this weekend and am beat, but dead leaf is off the plant).

Tonight there is no difference, I have replaced the LFS with dry peat on top, and the plant seems the same. There are still some bugs on the plant, I have put it in an west window too for more sun.

Watering cephalotus seems to be a delicate duality: always having water and having maximum air in the medium.

I will post more later and thank you for the suggestions!

-Steve
    ‘Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad – or an economist.’

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was sort of a busy week for me. I sat my ceph in an east window, gave it water and just had to see what happened. I It has been developing black around the crown

I'll post pictures tonight when I get home from work, but it doesn't look too hot.

Note: I edited my first post. It was in a south window, not a north window.
    ‘Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad – or an economist.’

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I It has been developing black around the crown
    I'd be looking for a replacement plant... in totally different soil media.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12