Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: BigBella's Tequila! :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BigBella's Tequila! :D

Whoever else got plants from this generous giveaway please post pictures of your division here!

So, I was one of the lucky five to receive a division of BigBella's Heliamphora "Tequila" plant. This is my first time growing Heliamphora so I am very excited to see how well I do with this plant. I got the box, opened the box, and I admired the pitcher, it looked perfect. So, I went upstairs, got a 4" pot and filled it up to the top with lava rock and sphagnum, roughly 50%/50%, then I placed the plant into the rootone that came with it, placed the pitcher into the mix and set it in place with more sphagnum, then I placed live sphagnum pieces all over it, then I tried to fill the pitcher up to the top as instructed, but I instead ended up spilling water all over the floor, it seems the pitcher had a shipping bruise, but that's okay. I filled it up to the bruise and bagged it right next to the AC and placed a light on it, then I misted it. The highest temperature I noticed was 69F, which I think is cold but I hear these plants love it LOL. I think I'm doing good.

Here it is in it's little set-up! The thermometer isn't leaning on the plant but it's being held up by a drink stirrer lol.

Thanks so much David!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking nice, I haven't tried any helis either, but I think I might some day. Keep us posted on how it does.
    I love lamp...

Grow List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good -- and this Heliamphora is a good introduction to growing the genera, since it is far more forgiving of cultivation issues than many of the species . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a beautiful Timex. In time it'll send out little runners and soon you'll have a potful of Timexes growing out of that pot.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-