What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

requested heli pics (DUW, large format)

I would think the internal nectar patches are more efficient at encouraging insects into the pitcher than the nectar 'spots' that form on the outside of some Heliamphora, such as H. heterodoxa x ionasii.

Not the best picture, but they can be seen on the back right pitcher and get bigger near the top:

2.JPG

I agree with mobile....

Maybe the external is to attract crawling insects up to the entrance while the internal is entice insects on down the path of no return :p

BTW, an early Fernando in-situ pic:

Appears to be the same species or very close to it.
I wish the image quality was a little better..
http://www.brazilplants.com/sarraceniaceae/heliamphora-neblinae.html

thanks you lizzzzzzzzzzz :D

Ahhhh ummmm not too many insects in the grow rack to begin with Brokken, so cant really answer that.
The nectar is naturally sticky somewhat, but no where close to Drosera sticky... I dont think it is by design a secondary trapping function.

But then I havent stuck my finger in these secondary glands..... only tasted the primary :p

???

How does it smell? Wondering after smelling the U. alpinia flowers. Smell might have a large component in the type of insects the plants are attracting.

and as always. awesome pics people

How does it smell? Wondering after smelling the U. alpinia flowers. Smell might have a large component in the type of insects the plants are attracting.

and as always. awesome pics people

ummmm havent noticed a smell, but I would be a bad choice for someone to detect one if at all subtle.
(former long time smoker)

very very nice picture.

but without tracability it is difficult to determinate the real name .

you have buy this heliamphora on this name ' neblinae variant ' not like 'neblinae var parva'?

H.huberi is not a H.neblinae species but a real separate species ( see here heliamphora) with their morphological caracters .

Last edited:
Jeff,

It is a "H. neblinae" from A. Wistuba
I purchased it from him a year or two ago

Av

spectacular pics mate. wow! Dang mate. You have topped yourself again. I love the colour of those helps. Just impeccable.

spectacular pics mate. wow! Dang mate. You have topped yourself again. I love the colour of those helps. Just impeccable.

:hail:
ty old friend....

suite

ah OK

how old ?how high?

I have some problem with this H.neblinae , I can not find their morphological caracters , for me the real H.neblinae nectar spoon are more in spade form with a fastener more narrow.

jeff

Jeff,

It is still a young plant.... only been producing mature pitchers in the last 6 months, so mature size is still yet to be known.

Personally, I agree and feel this is an unique species seperate from typcial H. neblinae. It is also my understanding that this species is only found on the Brazil side of Pico de Neblina..... which I believe is also unique among Heliamphora.

Until something "officially" changes, all I can call it is what it is historically known as.... H. neblinae (Wistuba)

suite

on the pico de neblina you have also H.tatei ; H.hispida /on cerro de duida H.macdonaldae ; H.tyleri ; H.tatei / in the same country on cerro aracamuni and avispa H.tatei ; H.neblinae and may be a H.tyleri .

we wait for the adult form to have a idea :blush:

I have 2 neblinae form : the real and a H. neblinae var parva ( buy on this name)

jeff

Back