What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

requested heli pics (DUW, large format)

as per a couple requests.... (Brokken, Amp, et. al.,)

A very unusual heli.... waxy looking surface with round nectar patches down the aft interior wall.

I repotted it a week or so ago, so she looks a little ragged. I didnt know she would be making a public appearance so soon :p

IMG_2234_hf.jpg

IMG_2235_hf.jpg

IMG_2236_hf.jpg

IMG_2239_hf.jpg

IMG_2240_hf.jpg

IMG_2242_hf.jpg

Thanks for looking
Av

Spectacular, as always. Those colours are magnificent!

Thanks DB,

absolutely no retouching other then resizing, those colours are as photographed.

Wow...now that IS different......:0o:

Its so crazy...introgressed nectar spoons running down the pitcher! Thanks for sharking with us!

Couple full size crops from the previous images:

IMG_22401_hf.jpg

IMG_22392_hf.jpg

interesting, they get larger further down the pitcher

Beautiful as always . . .

Thanks David :)

one more image:
IMG_2249_hf.jpg

You're killing me here . . . eh . . . ehhh . . .

oh yeah right :p

I hear ya old friend

Wow stunning . . . Is it an unnamed species? It is really cool!

What did you buy it as? Did it have some kind of odd name, or something?

H. neblinae (Red clone, Cerro Neblina)? I think that Andreas Wistuba had this at EEE2011 and I would have bought one had I realised how beautiful it was. I did pick up a nice Heliamphora spec. Bonnetia forest (aff. huberi) though.

H. neblinae (Red clone, Cerro Neblina)? I think that Andreas Wistuba had this at EEE2011 and I would have bought one had I realised how beautiful it was. I did pick up a nice Heliamphora spec. Bonnetia forest (aff. huberi) though.

good call mobile, spot on

I've been following your discussion on Heliamphora spec. Bonnetia forest (aff. huberi), interesting....
I'm suppose to receive H. uncinata any day now... :)

Av

Last edited:
Amazing. :) That's such an unusual adaptation. Does it seem to attract more insects? Are the glandular patches sticky? Maybe it's an adaptation to increase its insect catch by acting as flypaper in addition to being a pitfall trap.

thanks you lizzzzzzzzzzz :D

Amazing. :) That's such an unusual adaptation. Does it seem to attract more insects? Are the glandular patches sticky? Maybe it's an adaptation to increase its insect catch by acting as flypaper in addition to being a pitfall trap.

Ahhhh ummmm not too many insects in the grow rack to begin with Brokken, so cant really answer that.
The nectar is naturally sticky somewhat, but no where close to Drosera sticky... I dont think it is by design a secondary trapping function.

But then I havent stuck my finger in these secondary glands..... only tasted the primary :p

???

Back