What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

joossa

Aklys
Hey everyone. Hope all of you are having a great growing season! I took some shots of my Sarrs recently and want to share some of them. Enjoy!

S. purpurea subsp. venosa:

P7280070.jpg

S. purpurea ssp. purpurea [Muskoka, Ontario]:

P7280071.jpg

Seedlings are doing great in full sun and blazing heat:

P7280078.jpg

S. x michelliana x 'Royal Ruby' from FlyTrapShop:

P7280080.jpg

S. x wrigleyana is getting huge:

P7280083.jpg

S. x excellens (leuocophylla 'red' x minor var okenofeensis):

P7280091.jpg

Unknown seedling:

P7280093.jpg

S. purpurea "Black and Red":

P7280061.jpg

S. purpurea ssp. purpurea f. heterophylla. I love the highlighter color!

P7300047.jpg

S. purpurea subsp. venosa var. montana quickly becoming one of my favorites!

P7200021.jpg

P7200011.jpg

I acquired these from a fellow forum member. I don't know if he wishes to come forward, but he'll know who he is. These are several 18 month old individuals from a S. 'Hurricane Creek White' x S. 'Adrian Slack' cross and are showing variability in their physical characteristics. Some look really promising!

P7280111.jpg

P7280099.jpg

P7280097.jpg

P7280096.jpg

P7300043.jpg

great pics and pitchers, thanks for sharing, I think my favorite is the S. purpurea subsp. venosa var. montana, beautiful plant.

Must work out a trade with you someday...

Those new hybrids are going to be awesome!

Nice looking plants Joel. I'm glad some of those seedlings are beginning to look promising for you. No worries about mentioning me; there's no secrets here. ;)

Nice looking plants Joel. I'm glad some of those seedlings are beginning to look promising for you. No worries about mentioning me; there's no secrets here. ;)

Hey there, Fred. Yeah, they are doing marvelous out in full sun. A little sunburn at first, but these last few weeks, they have been throwing up some really nice looking pitchers. Of course, they are also showing variability just like you said! :)

Back