Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gin Goblin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It that a black tube alata cross? It almost resembles alabamensis with its shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    It that a black tube alata cross? It almost resembles alabamensis with its shape.
    the pod parent is an alata x flava hybrid:

open-pollinated, so no idea what the dad is. i have thought the dad probably was at least partially rubra, because of the shape, and the pitchers are a little smaller. unfortunately, i don't keep good records, but I really don't think I had a rubra/alabamensis flower that year. the only possibility I can think of is a (rubra x oreophila) x purpurea that I know flowered that year, which was mostly a dark red plant, but who knows? I know I had a lot of flowers that year, so it's no use trying to guess. also, the flowers are red, unlike the yellow flowers of mom:

here are some siblings:

this one probably looks most like what you would expect on a flava/alata mix.

this one has the widest lid, which makes me think there may be some purp in it.

this one looks most like the original photo from the earlier post, with perhaps a slightly wider lid.

i have a few more that generally have red tubes and yellowish/green lids with red veins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice “Gin Goblin” there Sarr. Mine isn’t much of anything and I’m probably going to toss it next year. That’s the chance you take with seedlings. Your dark alata x flava OP cross is outstanding. If you ever want to trade a piece away, I’m sure I have something to entice you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarracenia View Post

That is one of the most beautiful hybrids I have ever seen. Wow!!! Congrats!
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that Gin Goblin is nice!
    Mine still hasn't put up pitchers taller than 3" since I got it. I bet it's due to the fact that it's so small, my dad thinks it's a weed and keeps pulling it up
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12