Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cephalotus Leaf Pullings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile View Post
    It was in a small terrarium (18") with four 12" Gro-Lux fluorescents and a fan for circulation. Humidity, while not actually measured, would have been high due to the nature of the setup. The perlite had a thriving growth of Sphagnum moss on top, which I would clear away for Cephalotus pulling.
    Thank you! Hopefully I can soon replicate that successful setup...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:
    Very Promising! I rooted these cuttings in chopped LFS in a completely closed Glad container.

Plus some Drosera Regia "Big Easy" water cuttings and one Cephalotus "Big Boy" cutting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again.. the yellow leaves can be tossed. Those are no good.

My method is to take the cutting and immediately place it into one of these propagation cups. Just a small size dixie cup works.. I cram it full of live LFS, stick the cut end of the leaf way down in there so the top of the leaf is barely showing, and keep it moist at all times. I leave the cups around my HL GH in misc. places.. and after 4-6 months.. WAHLAH! I've also had great success with just sticking leaf cuttings into random drosera pots. Silica and peat, in a high humidity tank has been working as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow like a professional. The 6 yellow leaves I started for some reason have calluses. Does the whole leaf have to be yellow for it to not root? In the second picture, the leaf on the far left is sending up a pitcher.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just means they're usually too far gone to root.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those leaves that are half yellow with calluses are still good as long as the lower part of the leaves are bright green. They still have a very good chance of rooting. Might as well since you're this far in.

I've rooting many cuttings that turn half yellow, but with calluses and the lower part is still bright green.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123