New Sarracenia Plants
I have bought 3 sarracenia plants from a nursery in Devon, UK, they should turn up today or tomorrow. This is my question, should i repot them or wait for the autum and winter to pass and repot in January and feb time before they start coming round for spring?
If the pots are big enough i will leave them alone. My plants are outside all year round in a mini greenhouse, but am thinking of building a table for the plants to sit during growing season, and use the mini gh for winter and bad weather sheltering. What would you guys do?
Please reply, Thanks.
I would wait until Spring..
unless you have doubts about the media, there is no good reason to repot now..
I would leave them undisturbed through their winter dormancy, then re-pot in the spring..
Thank you for your advice
Thank you for your reply. I will be sure to leave them alone and let them settle in for the winter, will try and upload photos, if i can work out how to do this. Thanks again.
I'm with Scottychaos, unless there is a good reason for unpotting them, and repotting i would leave them till next year. This will minimise any stress, the last thing you want is to possibly cause damage to tissue at this time of year when we are getting towards the dreaded botrytis season, or throw them uneccisarily into stress or sulk mode and perhaps missing out on their beauty next year.
Thanks for your reply Steve, i will leave them alone for the winter, maybe have another look in early spring. let them get used to there new home.