Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heliamphora Trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thanks for all the responses. I've never fed it, it only very catches small flies that are around within my terrarium however I think it could be due to high temperature and high humidity with little air flow. As the pots are surrounded with LFS it does often get underneath the pots in the dishes, keeping them fairly damp. I'm also yet to install a fan, although I did try today using ones from a broken xbox however they seemed to be bust. I've now moved it into my bathroom as it seems to be the coolest place in the house as we're having a fairly random 25C week. After prying around the effected pitcher, I saw that two next to it have also gone brown at the base so I'll definately look into buying some fungicide. Thanks for all the advice guys, I really hope I dont lose my first and only Heli!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fungicides dont have a good track record with this disease.... get trich if you can find it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I assumed that trich was the active ingredient in some fungicides.. Correction - "so I'll definately look into buying some trichoderma."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, it wont be in fungicides

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also seen this occur when rainwater has been used on Heliamphora. It has long been supposed that the phtyopathogenic fungal spores that affect them are common in standing rainwater. I recently discovered that the sub-idiot who had been looking after my plants while I was away, had been watering with whatever had been standing around in my yard.

I lost a number of plants that way, Trichoderma or not . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, good luck. My biggest fear when it comes to heli's is them getting this dreaded sudden death pathogen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What media are you using?
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do use rainwater and I'm afraid that I don't think that will be changing anytime soon as I simply don't have the money to be buying gallons of RO'd water or a machine.. not entirely sure what the media is as the guy I bought it off had recently repotted it, but he certainly knows his stuff so I'm sure it's up to scratch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast