What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pictures of S. montana, S. alata 'night', S. psittacina 'Giant' etc.

*major drool*

Wow!!! You collection is amazing; thanks for sharing!

Hey Mike, nice!

After getting in touch with you I also came across who I believe to be your buddy RCO911 who has quite the amazing collection as well....

Nice to see that 'night' - awesomeeee

Wow... niiice!!! :laaa: :hail:

:drool:

Wow... 11 year old Purps. o_O

Your pics never dissapoint, Mike!

thanks for the kind remarks everyone-glad you all enjoyed the pics!

Hi Greg-yeah, RCO911 is making some amazing hybrids-he's definitely a talented breeder, and lives pretty close to me.

I found your photos on Flickr a few months ago and was amazed, glad you came here too. :)

It's like..."He who dies with the most Sarras wins."
Very nice hoard.

Joe

Very nice, Tom is at it again trying to breed a darker alata. Was able to nab a "night"x self and a "night"x stone county sibling seedling. Just wondering how do you maintain that dark color, the plants had really nice 7" dark purple pitchers when i got it. The newer ones aren't coloring up quite the same. Is it the lighting (it gets a lot of it) or the humidity that is not right?

The self cross, I had a better picture when i first got it but the memory card got wiped... The older pitchers used to be a bit darker.
dscn1817n.jpg

Last edited:
dude. awesome. your sarrs are gorgeous, but i find my eyes drawn to their environs - your garden is ridiculous! nice growing space you got there! thanks for sharing.

Mike... amazing plants as usual.

Ah, very nice. I was wondering when you would find your way over here. Many of my sarracenia originate from you. Are you gonna have another offering this fall? Trying to make space right now for newcomers.

Your plants are the stuff dreams are made of... btw what part of the bay area are you located in?

Thanks again everyone for the compliments! I don't want to spam, but yes Dashman, the annual bare root sale will start around late october/early november of this year-and a lot of extremely rare choice clones will be availalble.

Icedragon-That selfed Alata night seedling looks beautiful-the bulbous nature of the pitcher is unique and interesting. Coloration in alatas is really peculiar-I think temperature, nutrient levels in the media, and the type of light the plants receive play a big role.

X916krew-I actually used to live in Sacramento on 39th Street, but now I'm back to the penninsula. The collection is very close to the Redwood City/Palo Alto area, which is about 30 minutes south of san francisco.

<-----super jealous. Gorgeous plants!

Nice to see more images, Mike. Always a pleasure!

Glad you like them! snapped a few more shots this weekend, and I'm planning on getting them onto flickr this week.

Back