User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Who gave me a Sarracenia once upon a time?

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who gave me a Sarracenia once upon a time?

Hello everyone. Hopefully someone will be able to help me out. A couple of years ago I received, either through trade or gifted, a S. 'Hurricane Creek White'. Now I can't remember who it was and the person I gave it to is now asking me about the origins. If you see this and it was you please let me know. I apparently didn't keep good records or cleaned out my trade inbox a while back.

Thanks!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked about this plant because it was sent to me labeled as HCW or leucophylla x willissii because it was winter. We all know it's not HCW from the photo. If it is leucophylla x willissii (apparently labeled that when sent to J.C.), I was interested in knowing it's origins because in my opinion it's a stunner. Bob Z's website mentions the ID of the plant called "x willisii" is suspect http://www.cpphotofinder.com/sarrace...isii-3007.html

The giant red plant is what I'm referring to. I've been assuming it was leuco x willisii but if anyone knows further background info, it would be useful to me.

It does appear to have leucophylla in it to a mild extent. I realize that all the hybrids will look quite different and guessing will get me nowhere but I am interested to see if others know further information.
    Thanks for any info.
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist