Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ceph and Helis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile View Post
    Sort of suspected this might be the case, given the lumens. I don't know the situation in the USA, but here 125W and 250W fluorescent grow-lights are quite common, such as these: http://www.enviro-gro-lites.co.uk/Lamps.asp
    Awesome. I'm gonna have to go to a couple grow shops and see if I can find some of those.
    Indeed. Most indeededly. Phillip J. Frye

My growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of these bad boys:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#1949K36

It's a huge bulb (the picture is not of that actual item) but somehow it screws into a standard household socket. The thing is a beast. I should really bring it out and see if I can incorporate it into my current setup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbradt View Post
    Awesome. I'm gonna have to go to a couple grow shops and see if I can find some of those.
    If you want high intensity light that actually reaches your plants (with a fairly low level of residual heat), go with HO T-5's with mirror reflectors.

Much of the light from compact fluorescent lamps is aimed in the wrong direction and/or cancelled out by all of the 'obstructions' - wasting energy & adding unnecessary heat. Based on someone's recommendation, I purchased one several years ago - you could probably have cooked your breakfast on it!
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    If you want high intensity light that actually reaches your plants (with a fairly low level of residual heat), go with HO T-5's with mirror reflectors.

Much of the light from compact fluorescent lamps is aimed in the wrong direction and/or cancelled out by all of the 'obstructions' - wasting energy & adding unnecessary heat. Based on someone's recommendation, I purchased one several years ago - you could probably have cooked your breakfast on it!
    perfect for petiolaris drosera though.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFury View Post
    I have one of these bad boys:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#1949K36

It's a huge bulb (the picture is not of that actual item) but somehow it screws into a standard household socket. The thing is a beast. I should really bring it out and see if I can incorporate it into my current setup.
    Wow... that's ginormous! I have to wonder how much heat that puts out.

Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post

I have T5 HO's over my rack with my neps. Actually I just moved the ceph there too. I haven't been able to pick them up for the terrariums yet. It's definitely on the to do list though.

My growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious: how many T5HO bulbs are you running, and how far above your plants are they? I'm currently struggling with the choice between another pair of T8 shop lights (cheap and available nearby) or a T5HO rig. My shelf that would receive the lights is quite tall and my Nepenthes would be nearly 2' away from the bulbs. I also grow in an enclosed rack so heat is a real issue. T8s seem like the clear choice for every reason except for that little nagging feeling I have that they would provide insufficient light given their distance from the plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a 2' 2 bulb rack T5 HO. The top shelf is about 18" below the light, the bottom shelf is about 40" below the light.

My growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I divided the heterodoxa x minor a couple weeks ago. It was my first time doing it, so I was really nervous about it. Over the last couple of days, I started to see some signs of new growth on a couple of the little ones!

My growlist.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast