What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fall Plants

DSC00263.jpg

Blood red Purpurea venosa

DSC00262.jpg

Very healthy flytrap

DSC00261.jpg

Red Psitt hybrid

DSC00260.jpg

Very red "Red Bug"

DSC00259.jpg

S.R.Wherryii

DSC00258.jpg

Very red Minor hybrid

DSC00257.jpg

Large Psitt hybrid

DSC00256.jpg

S. Flava from Virginia

DSC00255.jpg

Psitt x Leuco hybrid

DSC00254.jpg

S. R. Gulfensis alba

DSC00253.jpg

S. Leuco "red" from Gulf Breeze, FL.

DSC00252.jpg

Very red leuco hybrid

DSC00251.jpg

Very tall leuco alba

DSC00264.jpg

Large purpurea venosa "Burkeii"

Looking real good!

Very nice plants! :)

DSC00253.jpg

S. Leuco "red" from Gulf Breeze, FL.

that doesnt look like a "red"..although I suppose Leuco "red" isnt an actual cultivar name..but still..its not very red! ;) looks more "typical" to me..

Scot

very nice and healthy looking plants..

My camera doesn't do it justice. It's very red believe it or not with the veins dark red with a reddish pink overwash, and was taken from a pure wild population of typical leuco's approximately 20 years ago in Gulf Breeze, Florida that was being bulldozed for a convenience store. If you had seen this population being turned into mush it would have made you cry. I could only rescue 1 plant at the time, they had a pile of them already burning and about 1/2 acre more being plowed up. The boss of the job said pick one and go. thats what I did. I ran around the job site looking and found this. Also having observed wild pitcherplants all over the US for the past 40 years, I can take you to places where once they grew by the acre, now their all gone especially in North Carolina.

I suspect it will look a lot more red in 2 or 3 weeks.

Back