What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia ID Wanted

dionae

sarracenia lover
Hello everyone:)! I have a few unknown hybrids that i'd like identified and was hoping some of you pitcher plant pros could help me out. I got these in a trade and they originated from a grocery store. They look like S purpurea hybrids to me but ???. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I have them labeled as unknown hybrids and thats how they will stay. I'm just curious.

Hybrid #1

dscf2998e.jpg

dscf3001p.jpg

Hybrid #2

dscf3002kh.jpg

dscf3003r.jpg

Hybrid #3

dscf3004j.jpg

dscf3005e.jpg

There was a fourth but its pitchers werent in the greatest shape from shipping. Thanks!

I am still pretty new at this.. But I can take a swing at it.. #1 looks to be like Purp x Lueco or maybe purp x Dana's Delight? #2 Purp x rubra wherryi? #3 looks ALMOST like a pure purp, maybe purp het x rubra in there somewhere? LOL. But yeah.. I'm far from being educated on these matters, so I really have no clue.. Just making guesses. That's the thing though, all anyone can do is make educated guesses..

Thanks Brie:). Thats all i'm looking for really anyway just an educated guess.

#1 im guessing purp x leuco
#3 has a hood similar to purp montana so maybe that is involved in the cross?

Thanks CPsam!

#1 definately purp and leuco in the lineage
#2 looks alot like oreo x purp or purp x oreo
#3 looks like a regular xCatesbaei cross, or possibly purp venosa x (purp venosa x flava) ... IMO.

** non-expert disclaimer **
My abundant love for these plants in no way implies that I have abundant knowlege of them.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input dashman!

Back