What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's See those Helis!

awesome pics amp, how did you do the lighting on the hybrid pics?

@butch: :hail:

photos for the hybrid were taken under power compact fluorescent tubes. overhead direct lighting. the coloration and morphology of the pitcher did the rest of the work.

@butch: :hail:

photos for the hybrid were taken under power compact fluorescent tubes. overhead direct lighting. the coloration and morphology of the pitcher did the rest of the work.

I heard that!

All helis are sweet looking :-D

Family portrait
IMG_2767_hf.jpg

Nursery
IMG_2769_hf.jpg

preggie
IMG_2770_hf.jpg

another preggie, ummmm maybe.... If so, it wasnt meeeeeeeeeeee
IMG_2771_hf.jpg

(images taken today)

:D

Outstanding, Butch! Truly impressive!

:eek: Jeez Butch... WOW! :hail:

I also see... someone sent you a capensis is that hiding in with the Helis? :lol:

Yeah, im the killer of capes, but this one seems to resist all my attempts LOL

thanks you two, everyone seems happy with the new system :)

Good Lord Butch! That's quite the nectar spoon paradise you have yourself there. :lol: Beautiful pics Sir!
What is that beast in the bottom right corner on the first pic? Ionasii?
Those heli's are looking good gentlemen! :rookwoot:

Good Lord Butch! That's quite the nectar spoon paradise you have yourself there. :lol: Beautiful pics Sir!
What is that beast in the bottom right corner on the first pic? Ionasii?
Those heli's are looking good gentlemen! :rookwoot:

Kind of depends on who you ask....

one source = tatei var. tatei
another source = nutan giant

The tall green pitchered one about center front with flower stalk is a H. ionasii

lol Butch you better not have gotten that flower preggers :p. Those plants are ******* incredible!

beautiful beautiful plants Av.
i do like that family portrait, but seriously, you cant have them in a natural setting...you need to box them together into a cute little square, build a lightroom around that, with the little ones in the front and the big ones in the back. ;) ---yeah. that's what i would call a REAL family portrait.

and what the heck? same plant, one IDed as tatei var tatei and another as nutans giant? and hasnt nutans giant been verified as a glabra x nutans hybrid?

and question in about the nursery...one of your plants eerily resembles my H. purpurescens. back row. 2nd one on the right. what is that?

beautiful beautiful plants Av.
i do like that family portrait, but seriously, you cant have them in a natural setting...you need to box them together into a cute little square, build a lightroom around that, with the little ones in the front and the big ones in the back. ;) ---yeah. that's what i would call a REAL family portrait.

and what the heck? same plant, one IDed as tatei var tatei and another as nutans giant? and hasnt nutans giant been verified as a glabra x nutans hybrid?

and question in about the nursery...one of your plants eerily resembles my H. purpurescens. back row. 2nd one on the right. what is that?

I dont know about it being nutan giant, it's not Beyonce enough to be nutanesque.... but ???

ummmm back row, 2nd from right.... awww, yes.... that is the "other" Tequila clone in domestic circulation. Sorta uncommon in collections, not near as pretty as its voluptuous sister IMHO

There will be a couple in the NASC auction ;)

From back in the day, I've lost all my heli's since :(
DSC06492.jpg

DSC06514.jpg

awwww bloke, what happened?

renovating the father in laws home, renovating my appartment, married life, you get the pic ;) free time took the door when i got hitched.

Back