What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My H. "tequila" has a flower stalk

Heli

villosaholic
Or so I think. I was just checking the substrate for my tequila and noticed what looks kind of like a very small flower stalk. I will post pictures when my camera's batteries charge. Can anyone post pictures of a heliamphora flower stalk in early development so I can compare mine to the picture?

why dont you just post a picture and we can validate?

I was having a lot of trouble getting my camera to focus on the stalk without the photo being completely blurred.

I can't find any pics, but when my hetero x minor flowered, the stalk came out of one of the pitcher creases, just as a new pitcher would, but it was stalk shaped instead of pitcher shaped. It was pretty obvious that it was a flower stalk. I hope that made sense.

heligivingbirth.jpg

tequilanflower.jpg

Can we share a topic? Mine is in flower too. :)
Congrats!!!
Andrew

Yea that kind of helps, it looks like what you described, it has a stalk like 2cm high and has a weird pitcher shaped tip. How long did it take to get to full height and flower?

they seem to all flower about the same time.... I have several in flower too, usually two flowering cycles a year.

congrats you two!

From the pics Butch posted I am doubting that it is a flower but I will post pictures in a little bit. Thanks Andy and Butch.

Not just starting... but maybe can help, it did come in like a pitcher though.
Guess I should do some research and see if I can do anything to get seed from one plant.
Andrew

2011-10-03_13-38-03_933.jpg

Congrats Andy! Maybe if the stalk turns out to be a flower we can exchange pollen and make
little heli babies! :lol:

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Pictures!

P1140622.jpg

P1140624.jpg

Mine took a couple of months to get to full height and bloom the first time. After I improved the conditions, it only took a few weeks for the second one. Good luck with yours, Heli!

Thanks but Butch just told me it probably wont mature because of the recent transplant and division. Can someone tell me what the brown spots on the pitcher to the left of the pic is?
It is an old pitcher so I assume its just the pitcher dieing.

suite

I'm the wrong section, excuse me

jeff

Last edited:
Back