Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: S. leucaphylla Tarnock culture

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know how to get Flickr links into posts, but I see some post with pictures in already in them without having to link to another site and that is what I am wanting to know how to do. Sorry for the confusion, I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to computer stuff like this, LOL.

Your Flickr link worked for me. BEAUTIFUL Scarlet Belle, one of my favorite sarrs. Here is a picture of mine that I divided from a bigger one this year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/enjoypics/6256853048/

Good luck with your Tarnok, I am sure it will grow nice next year when you get it repotted. Looks like you are doing everything right because your plants are beautiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ57 View Post
    I know how to get Flickr links into posts, but I see some post with pictures in already in them without having to link to another site and that is what I am wanting to know how to do. Sorry for the confusion, I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to computer stuff like this, LOL.

Your Flickr link worked for me. BEAUTIFUL Scarlet Belle, one of my favorite sarrs. Here is a picture of mine that I divided from a bigger one this year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/enjoypics/6256853048/

Good luck with your Tarnok, I am sure it will grow nice next year when you get it repotted. Looks like you are doing everything right because your plants are beautiful.
    DJ57

Thanks for the compliments on the plants. I tried to get Flickr to show up a photo like you want. Each of the links that show up in my attempt was a try doing different things, but nothing worked. I even went in to my account and tried to upload a photo here myself. Only links. I keep my photo's at Photobucket because thats where I started out. Edit: Photobucket no longer allows Third Party Hosting, which is what I have been doing. I no longer have a use for Photobucket.

See if you can ask on the Flickr site, maybe they have a forum for help, or a tech service link. Worth a try. I'd play up the competition. Let them know Photobucket allows the posting of photo's directly in a post unlike their wimpy links. That might light a fire under them.

We had our first frost last night and snow is forecast for some areas near me tomorrow. I need to get my garlic planted yet!!!
    Last edited by jerrysmith; 12-02-2017 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Photobucket policy change.
    Jerry Smith
    Bloomingdale, NJ
    My plants: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=128718

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to check out Photobucket, thanx for the tip. Flickr was the only site I knew about and I don't really like it that much, but wanted a way to share photos.

We had our first frost also. We did not do garlic this year, too many and nobody to give away to anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are having heavy wet snow the day after our first frost. Nearby has gotten 10-15 inches so far. (It melts so fast I can't estimate what we got, maybe 8") Trees falling all over. Transformers exploding-I heard three today. Power lines down.

Neighbors tree limb about 8 inches in diameter came down and hit the roof of our garage. Ridge vent damaged. Roof is snow covered so can't see for sure.

Supposed to be in the 50's Monday.
    Jerry Smith
    Bloomingdale, NJ

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG, crazy weather! I hope not too much damage to your garage, lucky not the house. I had to bring my Dewy Pines in today. They tolerated the few frosts we have gotten quite well, but I know not for long.

I signed up on Photobucket. Yeh, can now post pictures! Now if I can just figure out how to make them smaller so they don't take up the whole screen.

Last edited by DJ57; 10-30-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a while since I've been on this site. I plan on repotting this plant this week. We are having some really warm weather this winter. The October snow was really the only snow for the season so far.
    Jerry Smith
    Bloomingdale, NJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Jerry. Just was reading through and watched your video too the thing with the brown marks and holes happened to me too. Do you feed your plants? Those brown marks happened to my plants when I fed my plants and pushed the prey down the tube, or if they get super stuffed in one area. Notice how they happen right by where the tube starts becoming very narrow. Shouldn't really cause problems.

I know from my experience with my Leucophylla Titan (only had for one season though) it put out really small pitchers all year then late fall it put out one really big pitcher. From what I have read Leucophylla is a late season grower though so this makes sense.

Other then that very nice plants they all look very healthy and happy especially your Diana's Delight and Purpureas. Hope to see some more photo's and videos from you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished repotting all of my Sarracenia (except for the purpurea) and used 50/50 sphagnum peat moss/perlite. I have photo's in the camera of what the plants looked like right out of the greenhouse before pruning off the dead pitchers, after prune, the Tarnock bare root. Its dark now so no repotted photo's. I'll get them up ASAP.

Main question now, I'll check in AM before work hoping someone can answer: Should I keep the freshly repotted plants in a shaded area for a period of time to let the plants root in? If so, how long?

The Dana's Delight must have 12 to 24 flower buds about 1.5" tall now. It has about 15 of last years pitchers that are still fresh and great looking and producing dew/nectar/liquid around the mouth of the pitcher. Catching insects like crazy in our warm/hot spring. The greenhouse did not get cold enough in our warm winter this year. The flytraps didn't loose their leaves either. They are catching insects too.
    Jerry Smith
    Bloomingdale, NJ

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast