What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. leucaphylla Tarnock culture

No you don't need to put them in a shaded area. If they were in a non-shaded area before they should be perfectly fine.

No you don't need to put them in a shaded area. If they were in a non-shaded area before they should be perfectly fine.

The reason I asked is because that's what I do for my cactus. These Sarrs and VFT were in full sun all winter in a glass greenhouse. They've been home now for about 3 weeks and have been outdoors since. We are having an exceptionally warm spring. Everything is so early.

As SSS said, no need to keep them shaded and better for them to have sun. Lucky you, no sign of spring weather here yet, snowed last night. My flava are sending up flower stalks though. Can't wait to see your pics.

Thanks for the replies. Now I don't have to move them like crazy before leaving for work.

I got the photo's off the camera last night into folders on my computer before falling asleep. (For me that's an accomplishment) I'll get them up on Photobucket so I can post here tonight or tomorrow.

I have begun putting the photo's up on the Photobucket account.

Here are my Sarracenia's on the day I brought them home from the greenhouse, 2-25-12.

Sarracenia Tarnock:

View attachment 3855

More to come.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Tarnock after pruning off the dead ends on March 17, 2012:
S. Tarnock prior to repot 3-17-12.jpg

Tarnock bare root 3-17-12:
S. Tarnock bare root 3-17-12.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Question:

Do these plants have root hairs which get destroyed during repotting?

I removed some photo's of my other Sarracenia's and VFT because they are off topic here. Need to start a new thread.

Last edited:
I did re-pot the Tarnock that I felt was not growing well on March 17. It did grow well this year. I need to get out and clean up the plants and take a photo before we get a frost. Thanks to all that gave me encouragement to re-pot.

Back