Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice David!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is fantastic.... Great job, sir!
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BigBella I see you have been posting a lot about your TC setups I was just wondering what do you use as a medium?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BioZest View Post
    BigBella I see you have been posting a lot about your TC setups I was just wondering what do you use as a medium?
    Some of the media has been mentioned throughout the course of this and other threads; but no particular media serves every purpose. I routinely use various varieties of Miroshige and Skoog (with and without particular vitamins); Knudsen-C Orchid Media; Woody Plant Media; and a couple of custom-made mixes, as well. Then there's the issue of plant growth regulators which vary a great deal, depending upon what the grower wishes to achieve.

I suggest you check out the tissue culture forum at www.flytrapcare.com for particulars . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another culture, of the only other recognized cultivar of Cephalotus, aside from "Eden Black." It was begun with a flat "vegetative" leaf, purposefully "wounded" by slicing into it; and was placed upon an experimental media with Thidizuron (TDZ) . . .

Cephalotus follicularis cv. "Hummer's Giant" 16 January 2013
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some recent updates, now that some of the cultures have been transferred to a plain media (without any plant growth regulators), to encourage rooting. It is encouraging that the Eden Black-selfed seed have shown such nice color, especially in the dim lighting usually afforded grow rooms . . .

Cephalotus follicularis cv. "Hummer's Giant" (from "vegetative" leaf) 14 February

Cephalotus follicularis "Eden Black x Self"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good color indeed. Coming along quite nicely..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be interested to see how they colour up when they are mature. The recent posts on CPUK Forum of Eden Black selfed look more like typicals as far as colouration goes - though the size and growth rate of one of them is impressive. Given that 'Son of Eden Black' showed good colouration, it would possibly suggest that there are large colour variations amongst the seeds.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast