Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: "Eden Black" -- F1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude you rock ! Glad to see these in capable hands. Should be some interesting pups. It will be neat to see the germination rate in vitro vs the rest of us.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOooo.. good luck buddy. May you be blessed with the riches of Eden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi big Bella
    David ,i have a lot of eden F1 seed here too , not sure weather to T/C them or natural germinate them , have many other large ceph seed here as well hummers , eden x eden , Julie Jones , dudley watts , and a few others too , i usually dont have much trouble natural germination , but so tempted to put them into T/C , have you have other success before with them , seen other posts but no results posted that i saw
    John

"Planting oblivion,beating reason back..." -[Ven 55.7] Redflytrap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see your process as always David. Might I ask exactly what medium you are using.

Are you using a Knudson C base? Or are you using MS. Is this one of your own mixes?

Would you mind posting the recipe?
    "How doth my dear morsel, thy mistress?"
    -Shakespere [MM 3.02. 54p]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snapperhead51 View Post
    Hi big Bella
    David ,i have a lot of eden F1 seed here too , not sure weather to T/C them or natural germinate them , have many other large ceph seed here as well hummers , eden x eden , Julie Jones , dudley watts , and a few others too , i usually dont have much trouble natural germination , but so tempted to put them into T/C , have you have other success before with them , seen other posts but no results posted that i saw
    John
    I have aseptically germinated Cephalotus on several occasions over the years, along with rhizomes and leaves -- going back as far as college. On average, I have experienced a third greater rate of germination in TC media. I never bothered to photograph the process, since it was so damn wonkish and I was still hoping to land a date with the fairer sex . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    I have aseptically germinated Cephalotus on several occasions over the years, along with rhizomes and leaves -- going back as far as college. On average, I have experienced a third greater rate of germination in TC media. I never bothered to photograph the process, since it was so damn wonkish and I was still hoping to land a date with the fairer sex . . .

yer i see you have to get your priorities right i know ha ha ah is it difficult to sterilise them hairy suckers , loo like it would be
    ??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snapperhead51 View Post
    yer i see you have to get your priorities right i know ha ha ah is it difficult to sterilise them hairy suckers , loo like it would be
    ??
    They are hairy little buggers to be sure; and the best solution that I have found is a several hour (six in the case of the F1s) soak in an 8% solution of PPM (to 1:3 MS salts without sucrose or pH adjustment). In the past, I have even gone to lengths of removing the seed from the follicle -- read: far too much time on one's hands and a nice Nikon dissecting scope -- and have used alcohols and bleach solutions with lesser success.

I also germinate a few conventionally as a control . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see how yours do.. I decided skip cold strat on mine too and put em right into pots under lights..

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast