What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have some helis pic's to share , they grow well here now its spring lots on new growth
J
P1120097.jpg

H. nutans , 30 cm pitchers

P1120099.jpg

P1120100.jpg

H.minor x hetrodoxa

P1120102.jpg

H.minor x hetrodoxa dew for re- pot

P1120103.jpg

minor x hetro large nectar hoods

P1120104.jpg

P1120105.jpg

H.ionasii

P1120107.jpg

H. tequila

P1120108.jpg

H.tequila

P1120109.jpg

H.puchella

P1120111.jpg

H.folliculata

P1120112.jpg

Hetro x ionasii

P1120113.jpg

H.tatei

P1120114.jpg

nutans x hetro

Last edited:
Oh wow! That middle pitcher is just stunningly ... shapely and so lovely!

They are so lively and robust.

Oh my gosh, your helis are beautiful!

beautiful, large specimens John! thanks so much for sharing.

Beautiful helis! I hope mine look like that some day!

Beautifully grown plants John,

very well done mate, some of the best Ive seen..... they lovin' ya

do you know the location data for your H. folliculata?

thanks all for the kind remarks , its a lobour of love ,as you all know so well ,
Butch I can find out about locatuion data for you i believe
will put some pic's up of a few large helis ok
these are real and they guy has heaps like it in his green house biggest I have ever seen
J

P1080619-1.jpg

P1080620-1.jpg

P1080621-1.jpg

P1080616-1.jpg

Massive lol
Similar growing setup and conditions as you?
What all species are you two growing or maybe easier to tell me what you arent growing?

*dies from awesomeness*
How did you get so many plants? Does wistuba ship to Australia? :scratch:

Last edited:
Massive lol
Similar growing setup and conditions as you?
What all species are you two growing or maybe easier to tell me what you arent growing?

Hi Butch the 2 plants above are nutans, and minor x hetro ,all grown in high land Green house .
just now i am expanding my heli collection amung many other things , very hard to get plants here in AU, just got all the common ones , looking for more of the rarer ones now , but like all most impossible to get , so seed exchange is a vital thing here to expand a collection , as plants unless in clear firm T/C medium in small clear vials can be imported with much intense scrutiny from our custom's with a good price tag to match can be achieved as long as the sender has all the right paper work , say that in one breath geesshhh !! ha ha ah
J

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

*dies from awesomeness*
How did you get so many plants? Does wistuba ship to Australia? :scratch:

Luca , no we don't get any from Wistuba , ,we had had in past years a few nep nursery's that have done helis in T/C and we got our plant from them now that has stoped , but now we have to re-lie on other growers , to exchange or sell plants in there or from there own stocks , a few of us plan to change that over the next few years , it because of our very strictl imports laws we can not get plants in to AU with out much expense and customs killing them all the time with horrid chemicals , charging space rent, and heaps of other fees to , if they servive ,to get them into your green house , so not many people can afford or will to risk importing plants here
J

wow that sucks!

:0o:

Absolutely stunning job! O_O

we'll work on some of the rarer seeds for ya john.... ;)

I have honestly never seen helis that big :0o:

Neither have I. Those look amazing John. Thanks for posting pics.

well can not take the impressive credit for the extra large helis , i want to grow mine that big too , getting there , , but really i think how impressive they are that large seems to loose the good looks a bit don't ya think ??

OK Butch its a deal mate , any thing you want here AU style :-D we can exchange for sure
thanks
J

Is AU as strict with shipping out as importing? Your helis are some of the biggest I have seen as well ;)

oh good lord. I didn't even know the pitchers got that big. Impressive!

Wow, truly impressive plants!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Back