What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

s. purpura smurf??

It looks like... it was neglected during watering rounds or something, but it's a real cultivar? Does anyone have any more proof?

Damn that seems to be the coolest Sarracenia I have seen yet.

Aww I was kind of hoping it would be blue:lol:

Same here... :D Still, nice find!

looks really unhealthy to me..

ugh..somebody kill the poor thing and put it outs of its misery..dislike much.
Scot

...and I thought the lidless Sarracenia were horrible. That is hands down the saddest, ugliest purp I've ever seen. I would have have culled that in a hot second from my seedlings. Some idiot will probably buy it too !

I kinda like it.. :blush:

Ugh, really ? Come on Travis !

What? I'm a purp addict..

Ahh come on...give the poor thing some love people! How do you think mutated twins feel? Besides, that thing could create some awesome wavy sarr lid hybrids...

I dunno guys... I'm rather against killing any form of carnivorous plant. (or plant for that matter) Give it a chance! I actually considered putting a bid on it, but I decided to opt for a Drosophyllum instead. :D And as someone else already mentioned, it could make some pretty cool hybrids. :awesome:

I'm on team Mutant CP's.

As far as I can see this plant still retains its ability to capture and digest bugs, however it might be diminished slightly. But the plant still can engage in all its primary life function, I see no reason why it would be destroyed?

If anything it provides some drastic new genetic material for the species, that could (however unlikely) prove to be an advantageous new trait. Actually it IS an advantageous new trait, because regardless of whether it promotes a more successful plant, it will be purchased, and it will be bred.

I do not think this compares at all to the mutant VFT's which can no longer trap and prey on insects.

Back