What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seedlings

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
011-1.jpg

012.jpg

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

Looks great Jim! I have a few of those catasbaei growing that are about the same size.

looking good.. So how old are these from when you started them (not including stratification).

looking good.. So how old are these from when you started them (not including stratification).

They are just a couple months old.

The sarracenia purpurea var. Purpurea. My seedlings are growing like crazy

awesome. What are they?

The S. purpurea are in this photo:

002-2.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

awesome. What are they?

S. catesbei, readii, Leah Wilkerson (moorei), and D. californica.

Red Sumatra x Leah Wilkerson...wow! I bet those will be beautiful when theyre bigger.

Thanks for posting Jim. Excited to see how these turn out.

....could be a few years....

Are you fertilizing them? Osmocote can push them along at alarming speeds! These seedlings are 8 months old.

Sarracenia sedlings by Wire Man, on Flickr

I'm so jealous!!

Wait. I thought you were supposed to avoid fertilizing them? Also what Osmocote do you use? The indoor pots and tub one, or something else?

I give my seedlings small doses of fertilizer on instruction from a very reputable grower. 1/4 strength Neptunes Harvest fish ferts. They seem to respond to it well.

Back