Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More snow pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    makes me want to go put my sarr seeds in pots outside...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ57 View Post
    UstuckinTime: You dont feel the need to cover 'em with pine needles or anything?

Naw, the snow insulates them. I only cover when there is a freezing wind or sustained freezing temps without snow for an extended period of time of a few days or more, which we usually don't get here, wams to above feezing during the day and snow only for a few days at a time in winter. The only thing I need to mulch is the regia.
    Very nice. Here in New England, I'm still to paranoid about letting my plants overwinter outside. The best I've done so far is letting them sleep in the bulkhead. But they're frozen solid now, so, we'll see what the damage is come spring...
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnstuckinTime View Post
    Very nice. Here in New England, I'm still to paranoid about letting my plants overwinter outside. The best I've done so far is letting them sleep in the bulkhead. But they're frozen solid now, so, we'll see what the damage is come spring...
    Yeah, you guys get more severe winter weather than we do here. When we get freezing temps, it usually warms up during the day to thaw everything out, but we have had some winters with freezing temps 24/7 for days and the sarrs have always bounced back in spring like nothing happened. That is in a bog situation though, potted ones are not so lucky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12