Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Flower Watch 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kulamauiman View Post
    I have seed pods already. Season started very early
    SEEDPODS!! already! flippin heck my plants are still under snow.

Cheers
    Steve

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No pictures but one of my S. 'Tarnok' divisions is putting up flowers 2 so far. Yay! They didn't flower last year from being divided and drenched with insecticides to kill root mealybugs. Still clean it looks. Too bad I'm giving it away today.

And my recently acquired S. oreophila Sand Mountain #4 is pushing up a bud.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photobucket

I'm up to a dozen, now.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 'Adrian Slack' alone is pushing up 8 this year. It only had 2 last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 2 sarrs died over the winter... i thought i was doing everything right for their dormancy, but i probably did something stupid and noobish, and ended up killing them. oh well. its only two plants, but one, my 'super green giant' was a xmass present , so that really sucks. i was kinda hoping that my purp would flower too...

(yes, i know they are dead, not just still dormant. when cut into the rhizomes were all brown. oh yeah, and i dont think the soil is supposed to smell like ****!! seriously i almost puked when i unpotted those things...)

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

i suppose it is good that the hitchikers(drosera binata, and some urtics) that came in the super green giants pot are still alive. i think i will get a white trumpet, and make a minibog for it and those hitchhikers.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

oh, sorry if all that was too off topic. i probably should have made a seperate thread...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy Green Tomatoes, Fred! That's one HAPPY Sarr.

Sarracenia, so sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get replacements soon enough. Do you know what happened yet?
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez, all Californians reporting flower buds and yet nothing with my batch...

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im pretty sure it was rot of some sort. i had them right next to (sometimes above, i moved the pot occasionally)a heating vent from about late november to late december, a seriuosly stupid mistake. this probably set the stage for a fungus fest in their pots. when i realized this, i moved them to a basement window that doesnt get much light in a pretty cool room. come to think of it it may have been too warm, does the fact that the homes heating system is in the room make it much warmer?
    the plants were all the way on the other side of the room, and weere close to the window, so i assumed they were cool enough. it was too late however, and the rizomes turned brown. the purp totally rotted, and the other one was just turning rotten when i checked it, by the look of the rizome. i should have put them there to begin with , and probably should have used a fungicide of some sort. i think this is how i will do nekn years dormancy, unless i make an in the ground bog, in which case i will leave them outdoors under pine mulch. oh, i didnt actually see any fuzz or mushrooms or anything, but the peat looks like muck and smells like crap, so i suspect that something was rotting in there.

WOW......LLOOOOONG POST ... sorry about that

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast