Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Afraid to Repot. 21 Stalks Already. Necessary? [Pics]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw man. And I wouldn't even have to rinse it if it's already been used.... I don't rinse my outdoor peat too much, though, because it's going to get rained out anyway.
    Tim

Grow List

bogspot - my blog about my plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I rinse is my silica sand.

And what are you still doing up Tim, its 3:30am on the east coast!! I would be fast asleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw man!!! I don't even use silica sand anymore because it got too moldy and funky and all my seedlings with sand didn't do well, and I had no problems with perlite. I read people say perlite gets moldier. Not for me. So what do you do with the peat? Usually when I rinse it, there's real real fine muck that sinks (or floats, I can't remember), that gets away from the rest of the gang. Just put that all in the mix? Let it rain out? What if I only bottom water indoor plants, no rain?

And if you don't rinse peat or perlite, do you mix them together wet or dry? You may change the way I do everything. For the easier.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

You're making me think I could probably get away with not repotting until next Wednesday, or maybe not at all, rather than repot tomorrow out in the 45F weather. I'd repot Wednesday if not tomorrow. No harm in repotting a plant putting up flower stalks?
    Tim

Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All run all my components thru that inch screen with the exception of perlite and silica sand. Perlite I sift out all the fine particles thru a regular window screen attached to a similar wooden frame as the inch screen in the photo. I pitch those fine particles and keep the ones that don’t go thru the screen. I mix all components using only the moisture from the old media. I think they all mix together more completely when they are on the damp side. Once they are well mixed, I add a little more water but not too much. I like to pot up my plants on the damp side and soak them afterwards. I find it easier and less messy.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

No, no harm in potting up a plant putting up buds. I just try to keep as much old soil around the roots as possible at that time. You could definitely wait till next week or not at all if you repotted last year. I'm still repotting plants this weekend that have 10 inch stalks on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have no idea how less stressed you made me about repotting tomorrow. I guess rinsing perlite and using the screen do the same thing. Knocks off the dust and small particles. I'll repot next Wednesday when it's warm and sunny. I'll probably still rinse my perlite, because I don't have a screen made, and a screen would be another thing I'd get sassed about for having around.

Now, if only someone would hire me so I could get my own house with my own yard with my own bog...
    Tim

Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.
    Tim

Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENroaches View Post
    You're making me think I could probably get away with not repotting until next Wednesday, or maybe not at all, rather than repot tomorrow out in the 45F weather. I'd repot Wednesday if not tomorrow. No harm in repotting a plant putting up flower stalks?
    its reccommended to repot (every) spring, but really, you can repot any time. plants just recover better thwne theyre full of growth.

so it doesnt matter if you repot now, next week, or next month. and it wont be a HUGE difference if you hold off till next year.
    I plan on repotting a few of my sarrs and most of my pings towards the end of march.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast