What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora Germination

Hehe...

Introducing for the first time..

Heliamphora tatei x unknown

DSC_0001-3.jpg

Seeds sown on milled LFS. From Av's super generous ICPS giveaway!

I'm thrilled the first germinated, now I just need to keep it from dying!

Mucho Gracias for the seeds Butch!

Congrats! They are tougher little buggers than they appear . . .

One of 2. Thank you Av8tor. The other is dark green, a little bigger but still just 2 leaves

8084483670_8db5b14a5d_m.jpg

Heli of a Surprise!

While it got a bit stressful at first, watching how others were having good results with their Av-Heli-Hybrid seed from you Butch, I worried I might have made a mistake in sharing the winnings with others, as all I saw was endless days of inactivity & lack of life!

Even more-so, as during our excursion eastward to the ICPS gathering (words & pics to come soon)
I had suffered a loss of my only other, generously shared Heli. Apparently it missed me more than expected & the "sitter" we had couldn't realize the impact of my absence upon it!

Therefore the inactivity of the Heli seed was even more noticed, as I watched more & more growers boast of their new found success.

But recently, with much surprise, I happened to check upon my germination-free zone, and found this sight before me:
Helii-1.jpg

[Yes, first few pics are of the two seedlings in their first moments of visible growth, while the last one is of the fatality I mentioned above.] In time I assume it will be replaced by it's 2 new relatives, with even more chance of survival, as its predecessor gave me a more determined motivation, dedication & education, needed to learn to care for them even better than before!

Many thanks again Butch!
:water:

Well, off to tend to their needs, along with a few other worthwhile CP endeavors I have been deligently working over. (It is times like this that help me realize why I do!) Oh what a hobby!

Woohoo, congrats Paul...

I must admit, when you told me you hadn't had any germination I was starting to worry. This is most excellent news indeed!!
Ummmm hate to hear you lost the H. neblinae. It looks like it was becoming a nice plant too.... oh well, nothing another division can't cure.
I'm sure someone has a spare hiding somewhere come spring.

;-)

And a big congrats to you too Corners, looking very good there mate :)
I think we as a group have shown that Heliamphora germination is easily done.

Last edited:
Here are the seedlings that originate from the Tincher Massif! They are so cute, there are 2 so far if you can spot the other . . .

DSC03533.jpg

Here are the seedlings that originate from the Tincher Massif! They are so cute, there are 2 so far if you can spot the other . . .

DSC03533.jpg

woohoo, id been wondering if you were having any luck with them.... sweet, i see em both too

Various new hybrids...
IMG_0032_hf.jpg

IMG_0036_hf.jpg

IMG_0037_hf.jpg

IMG_0040_hf.jpg

each image is a diff cross

Av

What cute little buggers . . .

tyty...

the first pic are what I hope will be the cuties... H. parva x sarracenioides :)

tyty...

the first pic are what I hope will be the cuties... H. parva x sarracenioides :)

What an interesting cross (I recall you mentioning them). I wonder which species will be more dominant; or whether they'll vary a bit . . .

Heliamphora 'Professor B'

What an interesting cross (I recall you mentioning them). I wonder which species will be more dominant; or whether they'll vary a bit . . .

Out if 12 seeds I had 11 germination, all still alive but one is very very sickly.... most are robust.
I know the odds are against it in the first cross, but It would be ice to have a burgandy parva or a hirsuite sarra :)

Heliamphora 'Professor B'

lol, rolls eyes.... at least that one i could remember, I never can recall if its butchenisis or butchenis or what :p

lol, rolls eyes.... at least that one i could remember, I never can recall if its butchenisis or butchenis or what :p

It has been accepted as being butchenensis; or, alternatively, tincheroides . . .

Get it straight!

tincheroides?

I use preperation H for that :p

double "en" sheesh, ive never had it right then.... double "en" but only one "is"

me fail :p

Awesome seedlings Butch! :) I have a feeling there will be a whole series of hybrids named after you soon ;)
butchenensis
tincherioides
butchioides
tincherii
butchophylla
etc etc

Don't forget:

butchii
butchtincheri

Back