What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora Germination

Nothing happening with mine :(

Update 07.19.2012

H. parva x sarracenioides:
At least 8 of 11 seed planted have now germinated

H. [tatei var. neblina x hispida] x unkown
Dozens have sprouted

H. parva x folliculata:
Noticed at least one sprout today

Interesting observation:
H. [tatei var. neblina x hispidia] x unkown seeds were very small compared to the some of the others.
Small seed size is evidently not any reason to cull a group of seed.

Av

7.29.12 Pics

H. parva x sarracenioides:
10 of 11 seed planted have now germinated
parva_x_sarracenioides_hf.jpg

H. [tatei var. neblina x hispida] x unknown
Dozens have sprouted
IMG_4255_hf.jpg

H. parva x folliculata
3 sprouts so far
parva_x_folliculata_hf.jpg

No germination yet:
H. folliculata x folliculata
H. tatei x unknown

Thanks for looking,
Av

Last edited:
wow, you are getting some great germ rates! :)

Thanks, most seem to be on a 3 week alarm clock....

couple updated pics

One of the Heliamphora parva x sarracenioides, all 11 seed germinated and are doing well:
IMG_4493_hf.jpg

Pot full of a complex hybrid, H. [tatei var. neblinae x hispida] x *unknown
(* likely H. sarracenioides)
Too many to count
IMG_4492_hf.jpg

And finally an unrelated pic, the matriarch herself:
IMG_4490_hf.jpg

Images taken today

Thanks for looking
Av

wow great job! Those heliamphora seedlings are going to be stunning when they get bigger. Also that drosera is amazing :drool:

I'm amazed they put out pitchers at such a rapid rate. Well done sir. When are you going to start taking wagers on adult phenotypes?

Very nice. That's a handsome looking sundew.

I'm amazed they put out pitchers at such a rapid rate. Well done sir. When are you going to start taking wagers on adult phenotypes?

hehehehe, ive got my fingers crossed for a hairy looking sarra, or a dark red parva or any combination thereof :)

so Butch, its been about 4 weeks since I sowed my 3 seeds of the sarracenioides x parva you gave me at the conference. None have sprouted so far. Is there a time limit as to when I should give up on them germinating?

fantastic updates Butch! thanks for sharing with us! everything looks good!

so Butch, its been about 4 weeks since I sowed my 3 seeds of the sarracenioides x parva you gave me at the conference. None have sprouted so far. Is there a time limit as to when I should give up on them germinating?

ummmm those are actually H. tatei x **unknown
(**most likely sarracenioides, possibly folliculata),
I am the only one who has any parva x sarra, and there are only 11 of those :D

It can sometimes take many months for germination to occur (per historical refs and tribal knowledge)....

fantastic updates Butch! thanks for sharing with us! everything looks good!

Jon,
tytytyt....

off to bed, school work done, brain fried

:0o: so many seedlings.... Such pretty plants though, congratz!!

ah ok, i couldn't remember so I guess i just filled in the blanks with something I wish I had :D
Thanks for the info. I actually just looked closer at them because i have them sown on live sphagnum and I think at least one of the seeds has germinated! need to open up the tank tomorrow and take a closer look, but I think i've got germination!!!

Yes I am also here to :spazz:

How do you people get seed to sprout?! :hail:

Soooo coool . . .
woooohoooo, thank you David, i cant wait to see what the parva x sarrs look like....

ah ok, i couldn't remember so I guess i just filled in the blanks with something I wish I had :D
Thanks for the info. I actually just looked closer at them because i have them sown on live sphagnum and I think at least one of the seeds has germinated! need to open up the tank tomorrow and take a closer look, but I think i've got germination!!!
Congrats!!
Pics please!!

Yes I am also here to :spazz:

How do you people get seed to sprout?! :hail:
Ummm you wanna try some next time I get some?
jump on in hon, the water is fine ;)
:)

1 of 2 have sprouted for me so far(icps 2012 seed giveaway). The other is swollen. I have them on chopped moist lsm covered.

Only thing i gave them was some root nuts i had lying around

*update

Both have sprouted now.

Last edited:
Back