What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Leucophylla

Will I be ok if I leave it in this size pot until next spring? The second photo is my purple pitcher plant coming out of dormancy. I can already tell its going to have bigger pitchers than last years...:-D

Thanks

f4kwie.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

k476sg.jpg

Looking good Ohio, congrats! What size pot is your Sarracenia leucophylla in? They don't mind being crowded, so as long as they are not making your pot bulge out on the side, it is likely ok.

Yea I'm sure it will be fine in that pot for a while.

It will be fine in that pot for a while. Love that purp!

I just got my first leucophylla too! I am so excited!

Update - I think she's doing ok but the pitchers are really small. It still hasn't started collecting bugs. Is the growth stunted or everything normal?

2s63las.jpg

15oyw04.jpg

That pot should be fine for a few years! Leucos are great plants!

The deeper the pot the better it will do.

Hi Ohio

I think what you have there is a classic case of sarracenia and in particular leuco sulk I'm afraid. It often happens to particularly leucos after repotting or other stress inducing occurance. As tommyr and Jimscott say the pot is fine and will be good for at least a couple of years but the plant is sulking, it will make small diameter pitchers or even phylodes for a while till it feels happy again, which could be later this year but may be next year, nothing to do but wait I'm afraid.

Cheers
Steve

Leucos put out their largest and most robust leaves in the autumn anyway. That type of pitcher is fairly normal this time of year and you may get only phyllodia for the rest of the summer.............pitcher production does vary with clone and growing conditions though.

Back