What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

misc recent heli pics

Nice colouration ;)

Very nice Butch. Which form is that H. folliculata? My one that got chewed up by birds earlier this year is on the compost heap as of yesterday. :( Took ages to reprout and them went limp and rotted off. I hope your H. minor var. pilosa is still responding positively?

cheers

bill

That looks amazing. Going to have to acquire one of those.

Mobile, Dionae
Thank you for the kind words....

Very nice Butch. Which form is that H. folliculata? My one that got chewed up by birds earlier this year is on the compost heap as of yesterday. :( Took ages to reprout and them went limp and rotted off. I hope your H. minor var. pilosa is still responding positively?

cheers

bill

Bill,

That is H. folliculata (Murosipam Tepui), Wistuba clone...... really loves to color up even under moderate lighting
Pilosa has one new pitcher, but i need to start giving it tlc again.... i stopped after i saw the new growth and it has stopped growing as a result.
But it is definitely out of any danger it seems...

Hate to hear about your helis, seems many of the main collections have taken a hard hit lately.

Butch

I'd love to own a H. minor var. pilosa, but at 150€ and only available with and order volume minimum additional 250€, its price is a little steep for my liking.

You have an amazing collection of Helis. Something I can only hope to achieve one day with my baby Wistuba plants. :-D

What do you do in your TLC protocol that is different from how your other plants are treated? I was thinking about injecting a dilute MaxSea fertilizer solution (1/8 strength?) into the juvenile pitchers but not sure if it will kill the pitchers at that stage.

Exactly what i do Don,

well I do it as a last resort (it has yet to fail, knock on wood)
I dig them up, completely dust the root in trichoderma atrovirde, repot and force feed with eye dropper

(and i mean completely dust, dont be shy!)

Very nice shot Butch! Dark cherry cola color indeed! Almost rivals the in-situ coloring of da pulchellas!

IMG_4959_hf.jpg

http://bluegrasscarnivores.com/butchensis/IMG_4959_hf.jpg

Watch where you point that thing!

elongataxionasii.jpg

H. elongata x ionasii flower stalk among some H. neblinae pitchers

Great shots and amazing plants!
The last one must be scary for an insect!

Wonderful updates - as we've come to expect (set a high bar much??) but the 'pit-of-despair' pic is really :0o:

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Wonderful updates - as we've come to expect (set a high bar much??) but the 'pit-of-despair' pic is really :0o:

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

hehehehe, I like that one a lot, it sorta has an "event horizon"

Back