What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

misc recent heli pics

omg, amazing plants you have there, congratulations

I really love Heliamphora parva, in fact I think it's currently my favourite and am very envious of yours. Very nicely grown, as usual.

Beautiful Butch! You really know how to take care of a heli!

Thank you very much everyone.... I am deeply honoured by such comments coming from so many whom I look to as growers of distinction.

I had to google that David :p
Between you and Ron, I have to google more terms hehehehe, u nut ;-)

Excellent plants as always Butch. :) Must get myself a parva!
Which Canon is it?

cheers

bill

OMG B! You have outdone yourself again. Spectacular mate. Great job! Nice tripod too btw. :p which one is that? Did u get jealous of the velbon I showed you? :p

Excellent plants as always Butch. :) Must get myself a parva!
Which Canon is it?

cheers

bill

Bill, its the XSI (states) or what you may know as the 450D (euro)..... older model sorta

OMG B! You have outdone yourself again. Spectacular mate. Great job! Nice tripod too btw. :p which one is that? Did u get jealous of the velbon I showed you? :p

yesssssssssssss, but I got the Oben AC-2320L with the Oben BA-1 ball head, omg sweet :p
demo: http://player.vimeo.com/video/35719689

hehehe I just txt'ed ya btw :p
maw, our boy is growing up ;-)

Last edited:
This was just a quick "point and shoot" with my new (to me, cult lens) 28mm Wide Angle, close focus Vivitar

Not the best pic, little out of focus, but I just love the way it looks..... this lens is going to be awesome!
IMG_3320.JPG

Thanks for looking,
Av

Looks like it's happy hour in the Heli Hut!

Beautiful photo...Beautiful specimens!

Very nice Butch! I love the forest of helis, and the one flower just hanging over them.

Ummm... when did you go to the Tepuis Butch? :lol:

Ah... now I remember... Tincher massif!

d'awww.. I LOVE the little mohawk on the parva. SO cute..

H. parva is one of my favs :)

Butch, does your automatic water-tray system.. thing.. water the helis every day?

I have it set for every other day....

What's wrong with your parva's nectar spoons? Why are they so tiny? :awesome:
in all seriousness, thanks so much for sharing your updates. Beautiful plants---need to live vicariously through you till Andreas sends me a parva of my own. :p

I thought we had some trade worked out.... well I aint dividing till I harvest the seed, but after that

I am easily confused though, too many concerts in my younger days :p

Ohhh now i remember, you wanted waxy neblinae instead..... nevermind ;)

(errr insert new name where applicable)

Great photos. I wish my helis looked even a quarter as good as yours.

quickie H. folliculata pic from today

redfolli_hf.jpg

Sorta black cherry color with a dark charcoal gray rim...
Av

Back