User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can anyone help me explain what happened???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone help me explain what happened???

I went out to check my sarr's flowers this morning and found this
    can anyone help me figure out what happened?

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A rabbit happened ... sorry bout that. This has been one of the reasons I have been trying to create a cool sarr hybrid since I was 10...they always eat it! Next season, or if there are any flowers left then I recommend that you put something over the flowers...like bagging them. I usually do that but this year the barn owls helped out a lot by catching the rabbits. The last pic still looks like that flower might still might be able to make seeds...

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it could have been a rabbit. I probably should have mentioned that I live in the middle of Brooklyn and these plants are on the roof of a 4 story building.
    Last edited by Heli; 04-21-2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Grammar

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The breaks almost look like they were cut. However there's a point in the development when the stalks are brittle and will snap apart cleanly like a carrot. Otherwise the stalks will just break and bend like a straw. Bend one quickly and see if it is in the "carrot" stage. If so I'd suspect two legged critters with wings. Or maybe someone was moving furniture or something and snapped the flowers off accidentally and panicked and tried to hide the evidence. Otherwise someone out of malice or some other reason cut them off and took the buds. Was there enough wind that could have blown the buds away?
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NYC = someone tried to smoke them, thinking they were opium.... see any razor blade cuts? :P
    (just teasin ya)

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That second picture sorta looks like it was gnawed on. Maybe one of those infamous sewer alligators?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    infamous NYC rats?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ;@Nan thanks for the input. There is some wind on the roof but I found two or three of the buds in the dirt. I just tried snapping the stems and you are correct, they seem to be at the "carrot" stage. Also, dont know if this is important but right as I opened the door I saw some birds fly away from right next to the "crime" scene.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

@Butch, the rats here are always in the subway never up top on roofs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast