Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Ceph... with Hitchhiker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, forgot to post a pic of the Sarr:

Bonus indeed!

@Heli, they can totally handle humidity. It's constant sodden conditions that are problematic. The media the plant was shipped in was pretty wet, but I haven't watered it since I received it. I suppose the best I can do is wait and see!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about the ceph. Yeah, be very careful with how moist you keep it, and definately don't have it sitting in any water. Taking it out of the bag MIGHT help, but no promises. I think with some consistant care it should pop back. Let us know how it goes
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rich. Yeah, I'm super concerned because the stems seem to be yellowing starting at the growth point and not the pitchers. But a few of the pitchers still seem to be holding up. I also can't tell yet whether the new growth has been abandoned. I'll keep a close eye on it.

I did just cut the corners off of the bag. I'll go ahead and take the bag off in a few days if I don't see improvement.

This Ceph is in a terrarium with a misting system which runs for one minute twice a day. BUT it basically sits right underneath one of the nozzles, so the only water it ever gets is a bit of mist that ends up getting blown around my terrarium by my fan. But definitely no standing water or anything.

Fingers crossed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about your ceph. Its never good when you order a plant and within a few weeks it dies.

Why cant you keep your Sarracenia? I would be happy to trade you something for it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It ain't dead yet, not by a long shot! Best case, it's set back a few months... but I think this guy has some fight left in him. All I can do is leave him alone, watch, and wait.

I won't be able to keep this Sarr too long because eventually it will outgrow my terrarium and will need to be put through dormancy. I can't provide proper conditions for dormancy. Though for at least a month or two, I'd like to hold on to this Sarr to see if it'll put out some mature pitchers. I have no idea what kind it is, so I'd like to see how it turns out & perhaps identify it. I'll keep you in mind when I decide to send this little one on its merry way, though. Thanks for the offer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allright then. Good luck with your ceph and identifying your sarr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive nearly killed my ceph like 3 times since i've had it.. Each time it died back to nothing then started growing again.. What yours looks like right now is exactly what mine did when I had to repot it.. but it always came back, so all is not lost. Just water it like an african violet, keep it in that tank and dont mess with it from now on and it should be ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Brie. Some of the pitchers that were impacted by the disturbance died back - the others look fine. As long as the 'dying' doesn't continue to progress, you're good to go (imho).
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12