User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent! Help needed with H. Minor.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google AmPac Biotech and let them know you're with the forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's disappointing. There is no way this plant can wait for an online order. It looks much worse today. Is there any hope for a chemical fungicide that could work?

And if not, should I just attempt to remove the rotting bits and replant it in fresh media and simply hope for the best?

By the way, I really appreciate everyones suggestions and info. Thank you all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tricoderma actually costs the same price as the heli you bought so you might just want to buy a new one if this one dies and moniter the next one more closely. To be honest I wouldnt use the fungicide, only thing you can do at this point is like Butch said, remove rotting areas replant but to be honest there still isnt much of a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have cleaned off the bad portions and put it in a good mix (this forum is full of suggestions on what has worked for others), bag it for a bit and leave it alone, it may recover. Doing too much is sometimes worse than doing nothing at all. Give it a chance to recover. Too much fiddling will get you no where.

That said, I would recommend getting the trich. You'll see from this forum that it is quite versatile. I won't say its absolutely needed, but its definitely a nice to have.
    --------
    z

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea like z said, you should get some tric in the future for other helis you get. It is very useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this dies, I'm probably going to hold off buying a replacement until I can provide better growing conditions. I'm rather shocked at how quickly my H. Minor declined and to be honest I'm not quite sure why this happened. I wouldn't think heat was the issue since it's in a cool air-conditioned environment. The windowsill is not particularly hot and the media seems airy enough as well. I guess I got a little overconfident after successfully growing a Ceph for a few months.

Oh and one minor point, Is the green fungus/slime in the Cephalotus pot a threat to my plants?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your conditions like? I have no clue with the ceph, they hate me . Looks like algae though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ceph media is 2 parts perlite/sand and 1 part Peat. It gets a weekly top watering regimen (i've heard they are prone to root rot if the soil is too damp) and I sometimes mist the plant in the morning.

It also sits on a windowsill in an open air environment with variable but usually low humidity. The Ceph seems to be doing fine and all the green pitchers are new growth. Is there something I can use to kill the algae/slime?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast