What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I picked up a few seedlings over the weekend and potted them up today, seemed like a good time to snap some pics as well. :mrgreen:

New seedlings:

SANY1451Large.jpg

SANY1452Large.jpg

SANY1454Large.jpg

Collection overview, they are loving the warm weather and really taking off now:

SANY1457Large.jpg

SANY1459Large.jpg

SANY1458Large.jpg

Darlingtonia:

SANY1461Large.jpg

S. (rubra gulfensis x flava)

SANY1460Large.jpg

S. x moorei (leucophylla '#20' x flava 'Chocolate Top')

SANY1478Large.jpg

S. (rubra x oreophila) x rosea

SANY1475Large.jpg

S. 'Odyssey' x flava 'Chocolate Top'

SANY1471Large.jpg

S. (oreophila "Sand Mountain" x flava) x 'Mars'

SANY1470Large.jpg

Unknown Hybrid

SANY1468Large.jpg

S. (oreophila x flava)

SANY1463Large.jpg

SANY1466Large.jpg

S. 'Doreen's Colossus'

SANY1462Large.jpg

S. flava var ornata 'JL 421'

SANY1467Large.jpg

Last edited:
These are awesome!

Wonderful collection. So many nice plants.

Very nice collection:)!

Wowser powser!

Thanks for the compliments, I can't wait to see them in a month or two when most will be in full swing. :-O

Those are really nice plants! I love the 'Mars' hybrid. And you've probably already figured this out but that unknown hybrid definitely has some oreophila in there. :D

You have some really nice plants. There are some in there that have very nice color and form! Make sure to post more pics as they progress. :)

Those are really nice plants! I love the 'Mars' hybrid. And you've probably already figured this out but that unknown hybrid definitely has some oreophila in there. :D

I am 99% sure the unknown is actually that same Mars cross, I have more from that cross that look identical to the unknown. The unknown just happened to come from a local nursery that thought it was cool to pull Jerry's tags and replace them with their own that just say "Sarracenia Hybrid". :rant: I'm about to send some pics off to Jerry to see what he thinks.

Another (oreophila "Sand Mountain" x flava) x 'Mars'

SANY1496Large.jpg

SANY1497Large.jpg

Last edited:
You have some really nice plants. There are some in there that have very nice color and form! Make sure to post more pics as they progress. :)

Thanks, I will definitely keep up with the pics. I'm really excited to see some of the seedlings mature.

I'm really digging this one, S. (rubra x oreophila)x(oreophila x flava). I can't believe how the rubra influence is overpowering the flava and two helpings of oreo.

SANY1502Large.jpg

Not a Sarr, but close enough.

SANY1504Large.jpg

wow love both plants i need a copy of that sarr

that darlington is huge mine is only 1 1/2 " tall
i would love to drive up there and see them sometime

Nice collection Tony :)

Awesome collection you have there. Are you using long fiber sphagnum for tope dressing. I like the looks of that versus just perlite and sphagnum.

Loving that cobra. Yours are further along than mine this season.

Awesome collection you have there. Are you using long fiber sphagnum for tope dressing. I like the looks of that versus just perlite and sphagnum.

They are in pure LFS. I got fed up with the crappy peat that is available locally and started transitioning as I repotted this year. If I'm lucky a bale will be 1/3 peat and 2/3 sludge, often the ratio is worse.

Loving that cobra. Yours are further along than mine this season.

That's sexy. :)

Thanks!

Here is another clone of S. (rubra x oreophila)x(oreophila x flava) to compare to the one above:

SANY1587Large.jpg

SANY1567Large.jpg

SANY1535Large.jpg

S. 'Green Frog'

SANY1586Large.jpg

SANY1581Large.jpg

SANY1580Large.jpg

S. flava var. rubricorpora coloring up:

SANY1570Large.jpg

S. 'Scarlet Belle'

SANY1547Large.jpg

Seed-grown S. flava

SANY1545Large.jpg

SANY1527Large.jpg

SANY1533Large.jpg

SANY1538Large.jpg

A fly tempting fate:

SANY1540Large.jpg

S. flava 'Cinnamon Tube' is taunting me:

SANY1544Large.jpg

S. x moorei 'Just Peachy' coloring up:

SANY1518Large.jpg

S. (rubra gulfensis x flava)

SANY1543Large.jpg

OP S. leucophylla cross:

SANY1537Large.jpg

Last edited:
S. (rubra gulfensis x flava) :drool: All you plants look fantastic!

Back